Conversion of G33 from 357 Sig to 9MM--What's needed?

I have a Glock 33 Gen3 that I would like to have the ability to shoot 9mm rounds, cheaper.

I know I'll need a 9mm conversion barrel, will I need a 9mm magazine also or will the 357 Sig work?

I know Lone Wolf makes 9mm conversion barrels, who else does and which is better?

If I do this conversion, should I keep my Gen3 Glock26?

comments/help.

thanks

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If you already have a 26, why not just keep it, and practice with it? I think you just need 9mm magazines and the barrel to shoot 9mm at the range. You'll have to change the extractor if you want to make sure the gun is reliable enough for carry. I've seen mixed reviews on shooting 9mm with the .40 or .357 Sig extractor. It seems to work fine for some people, but cause some issues for others. Obviously, the .40 to .357 or .357 to .40 conversion is just the barrel swap since the .357 uses a .40 casing. The magazines and extractor are the same. Personally, I'd keep your 26. The sight picture/trigger/controls etc... are all the same so your practice shooting one should carry over to the other.

Edited by JReedEsq

The Lone Wolf will be fine. You will need 9mm mags. You may also want to get a solid guide rod and lighter springs for the 9mm.

Hmm.... 9mm magazines, guide rod, lighter springs, extractor, conversion barrel... My case grows stronger for just keeping your 26.

Maybe I'm regretting selling my 26???

Edited by JReedEsq