Carry Paris Landing SP

I visit Paris Landing on Kentucky Lake quite often and the State Park Lodge to eat or spend the night sometimes being the boating/fishing meca that it is. The Park has a "no firearms" sign on the wall close to the service desk in the Paris Landing SP Lodge. A while back, after first noticing it several years ago, asked if it was legal to conceal carry on the park if you have a permit and about the sign. Asked had the law not changed etc..I was told that they realized you could carry on park property... as long as your gun was not visible. I told the nice lady that the carry firearm should not be visible if you are a permit holder and following the law. The first person I asked the question too did not have a clue on what I was talking about or even knew of the posting. Wonder if not taking the sign down is exclusive to Paris Landing? No big deal but glad I finally asked and the staff did not seem alarmed about the conversation. I was not carrying at the time.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The statute that allowed carry in parks did not mandate that they remove the signs; it specifically mentions that they can stay as is, until needing replacement form normal maintenance.

It was a selling point of the bill to make it revenue neutral, not costing any state labor to remove or redo signs. Many of the "no guns" are just part of a larger sign with various other info that they would still want to exhibit.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot

What OS said...the law actually says signs are NOT to be removed or changed. At least not until it would be necessary for regular maintenance. As he said, if signs would have had to be changed, it would have cost money...the cost of that would have been enough for some to vote against it.

....and just for the record...it doesn't have to be concealed.

http://www.tn.gov/attorneygeneral/op/2005/op/op154.pdf