Pulled over in Memphis with ar 15 and glock?

Guest JeremyD901

it will however give you links to TN Codes where you can gather information. I'm talking about using google as a resource, not the end all word. It certainly beats asking a legal question on a forum like this to a bunch of unqualified people (especially me :woohoo: ).

What's the question at thi

Google is the last place I'm going for legal advice especially regarding firearms

So what's the question at this point?

1. Can a LEO take control of your firearm(s) during a stop?: Of course. Whether you have permit or not. What are you gonna do, REFUSE or STOP him from taking them? Bad!

2. Can he search your vehicle?: Only with your permission, reasonable suspicion, or probable cause. Which in real world simply means, "yes". Your're going to do something to STOP him? Bad!

If you disagree with any part of 1 or 2, you can attempt, AFTER the fact, to:

a: file complaint

b: convince DA to lodge criminal charge

c: file civil suit

What's left?

- OS

Edited by OhShoot

I've only been pulled over twice since I've had a handgun carry permit. Neither time did I present it or announce that I had a firearm in the vehicle. Neither time did the officer ask if I had any firearms or other weapons in the vehicle. If asked, I would have responded truthfully.

But I really don't understand the compulsion to tell a perfect stranger that I am carrying. I present less danger to them than they do to me. And in this state I am not legally required to inform them. So DADT.

And please don't give me "they put their lives on the line". They are in their CHOSEN profession. By choice. I've worked a risky job as well (wildland firefighter) but I've never asked for special privileges over the rights of others because of it.

Will

.... So DADT....

I haven't been pulled over in the 4 years I've been legally carrying. But if I do, I'm gonna TELL. 'Cause it seems more folks than not seem to get off without a ticket.

I just wish when I hung a no-stop right on red about 3 years ago I had been caught by a cop instead of a camera, so I could have tried it out. :)

- OS

I've only been pulled over twice since I've had a handgun carry permit. Neither time did I present it or announce that I had a firearm in the vehicle. Neither time did the officer ask if I had any firearms or other weapons in the vehicle. If asked, I would have responded truthfully.

But I really don't understand the compulsion to tell a perfect stranger that I am carrying. I present less danger to them than they do to me. And in this state I am not legally required to inform them. So DADT.

And please don't give me "they put their lives on the line". They are in their CHOSEN profession. By choice. I've worked a risky job as well (wildland firefighter) but I've never asked for special privileges over the rights of others because of it.

Will

:up:

The one time I was stopped and didn't notify, nothing was ever said or asked by either of us.

I've been pulled over twice since I started carrying, I didn't inform the officer either time that I was carrying.

I didn't get any tickets and the stops went without a hitch.

I have no intention of informing in the future.

As long as I am seated in my vehicle there is no way the officer is going to know that I am armed.

Now, having said that, if the officer asks me to get out of my vehicle I am going to inform him that I have a HCP and that I am legally carrying a firearm.

I agree, I've always said I wouldn't let them "discover" the firearm by seeing it or finding on a pat down.

But I've never been asked to step out the vehicle in my life....although the time I mentioned above I was on the motorcycle...so I was already out sort off...

Guest Skeeter

What's the question at thi

So what's the question at this point?

1. Can a LEO take control of your firearm(s) during a stop?: Of course. Whether you have permit or not. What are you gonna do, REFUSE or STOP him from taking them? Bad!

2. Can he search your vehicle?: Only with your permission, reasonable suspicion, or probable cause. Which in real world simply means, "yes". Your're going to do something to STOP him? Bad!

If you disagree with any part of 1 or 2, you can attempt, AFTER the fact, to:

a: file complaint

b: convince DA to lodge criminal charge

c: file civil suit

What's left?

- OS

Federal Complaint.

Threat / Intimidation Under Color of Law.

Pee & Moan :screwy:

Edited by Skeeter