Don't think this is how the "stand your ground law" works

Guest peacexxl

Exactly! I never heard the dispatcher tell him not to follow. I only heard him suggest it.

It's the same as, "I don't need this double Whopper with cheese..." But that doesn't stop me from eating one.

No, and even if the dispatcher would have ordered him not to it is in no way a legal order. However, it still will be relevant in court the same as if you and I were out and I had suggested the same to you. If you were to ignore my suggestion then it gives the jury insight into you state of mind and intent.

• Like 1

Seem to me no one will rest until Zimmerman is nothing short of executed.

Should he have approached the boy, no, if he hadn't they would both be alive and well today. But I'm still not sure he broke the law. Abc news is reporting Treyvon went for Zimmerman's gun when Z approached him and asked what he was doing.

I believe Zimmerman was irresponsible but to what level I'm not sure.

I certainly agree with your opinion. Too many bad actors are involved, along with a willing

media, are distorting anything to the point of justice is in the court of public opinion only.

Too bad they think "mob rule" is the way to go.

some people would complain if you hung them with a new rope

Edited by tnhawk

No, and even if the dispatcher would have ordered him not to it is in no way a legal order. However, it still will be relevant in court the same as if you and I were out and I had suggested the same to you. If you were to ignore my suggestion then it gives the jury insight into you state of mind and intent.

Intent to murder?

Not to get of topic, but I watched a Black Panther representative put a bounty out for the capture of Zimmerman on CNN this morning. Could the legal eagles out there explain to me why this person isn't in custody? Isn't this conspiracy to commit kidnapping or something like that? If I was to do the same thing only change "Zimmerman" to "Jesse Jackson" wouldn't I be enjoying the view from the inside of a jail cell?

• Like 1

Seem to me no one will rest until Zimmerman is nothing short of executed.

Should he have approached the boy, no, if he hadn't they would both be alive and well today. But I'm still not sure he broke the law. Abc news is reporting Treyvon went for Zimmerman's gun when Z approached him and asked what he was doing.

I believe Zimmerman was irresponsible but to what level I'm not sure.

Maybe. Or maybe Trayvon would have been shot by somebody else by now. If Zimmerman's story is true, it's a real possibility.

Not to get of topic, but I watched a Black Panther representative put a bounty out for the capture of Zimmerman on CNN this morning. Could the legal eagles out there explain to me why this person isn't in custody? Isn't this conspiracy to commit kidnapping or something like that? If I was to do the same thing only change "Zimmerman" to "Jesse Jackson" wouldn't I be enjoying the view from the inside of a jail cell?

Yes, Conspiracy generally only requires “one act in furtheranceâ€. I would say that Mikhail Muhammad’s statement was that act. I would like to know why he hasn’t been arrested or if this is being presented to a grand jury.

Intent to murder?

No, intent to pursue/intervene. I think that is the crux of this issue when it comes to prosecution: did Zimmerman initiate confrontation? I think the prosecution can use that conversation with the dispatcher to illustrate to the jury what his intent was, and that is what led to the shooting.

Just because he may have been in fear of his life doesn't mean that he can't be prosecuted for starting a situation that led to the teen's death. If I find a guy twice my size and go slap him on the face I bet I'll be in fear of my life when he starts pummeling me; perhaps it makes the shoot justified but still makes me criminally liable that I caused the whole situation. I think that's where this is going when Zimmerman gets indicted.

Yes, Conspiracy generally only requires “one act in furtheranceâ€. I would say that Mikhail Muhammad’s statement was that act. I would like to know why he hasn’t been arrested or if this is being presented to a grand jury.

Yeah, this is getting out of hand. The "lynch mob" comments are no longer figurative.

No, intent to pursue/intervene. I think that is the crux of this issue when it comes to prosecution: did Zimmerman initiate confrontation? I think the prosecution can use that conversation with the dispatcher to illustrate to the jury what his intent was, and that is what led to the shooting.

Just because he may have been in fear of his life doesn't mean that he can't be prosecuted for starting a situation that led to the teen's death. If I find a guy twice my size and go slap him on the face I bet I'll be in fear of my life when he starts pummeling me; perhaps it makes the shoot justified but still makes me criminally liable that I caused the whole situation. I think that's where this is going when Zimmerman gets indicted.

Maybe. I think you're right. He'll get indicted by popular vote. At least the whole thing will focus everybody on some facts

Guest 6.8 AR

Holder would put the Black Panther in protective custody. He has a history of protecting

them from prosecution. I doubt Zimmerman has a chance for anything approaching justice,

especially considering Holder is involved.

Holder would put the Black Panther in protective custody. He has a history of protecting

them from prosecution. I doubt Zimmerman has a chance for anything approaching justice,

especially considering Holder is involved.

Mikhail Muhammad won’t need protective custody he would be a hero in prison.

But you are right, I don’t see how Zimmerman could anything even close to a fair trial, and if convicted I doubt he makes it to the end of his sentence.

Man, the only thing worse than being Zimmerman right now would be to be dead.

No, it doesn't give the jury insight into anything.

It may not matter much, but the demonizing of Zimmerman and the assumptions drawn against

him are just as bad. Sharpton and Jackson are pimps.

I agree, but the whore must be willing to get pimped. They have no following. They show up when people gather because the people believe that they have no voice and then Jackson and Sharpton take credit for organizing.

• Like 1

This incident is really sicking and it's gonna get worse I'm afraid thanks to a dishonest media and the race baiters including our so-called president.

All the facts are not in for gods sakes!

The local news is providing more details and some honest reporting and facts, the MSM is helping to blow this out of proportion.

I feel sorry for this Zimmerman and his family even though it appears he made some mistakes but the Black Panthers have got a bounty of 1 million out for him and no one is sees anything wrong with this? And to top it off the mother of Trayvon is buying patents on trademarking his name.

Lord, what has society come to.

Meanwhile our president sits back and stokes the outrage.

Sad.

I agree. Saying that I don't think that you should rob that bank is also a suggestion, but when I tell the jury that I made that suggestion to you...wait and see how things turn out.