Don't think this is how the "stand your ground law" works

Guest peacexxl

NBC News Charged With Misleading Editing in Zimmerman 911 Call.

In the NBC segment, Zimmerman says: “This guy looks like he’s up to no good. He looks black.â€

The full version, though, unfolds like this:

Zimmerman: “This guy looks like he’s up to no good, or he’s on drugs or something. It’s raining and he’s just walking around, looking about.â€

911 operator: “Okay. And this guy, is he white black or Hispanic?â€

Zimmerman: “He looks black.â€

NBC News Charged With Misleading Editing in Zimmerman 911 Call.

In the NBC segment, Zimmerman says: “This guy looks like he’s up to no good. He looks black.â€

The full version, though, unfolds like this:

Zimmerman: “This guy looks like he’s up to no good, or he’s on drugs or something. It’s raining and he’s just walking around, looking about.â€

911 operator: “Okay. And this guy, is he white black or Hispanic?â€

Zimmerman: “He looks black.â€

Well, there ya go....

I heard both versions, Mark, and they were blatant as Hell trying to stir crap up.

I wouldn't expect anything less from the MSM.

Duh, isn't that the kind stuff some

folks made assumptions by?

Just saw on Drudgereport http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-03-30/news/os-george-zimmerman-lawyers-offer-10000-20120330_1_shooting-death-legal-expenses-legal-defense Someone else thinks he is innocent.

And you know what they say happens when we "assume".....

Well of course you would, because you are well protected and it’s not your neighborhood that will get burned, or your neighbors that will get injured. Flexing your muscles to a crowd that is looking for any reason to start a riot will sure show them how tough you are.

Now I understand the wellspring from which your extremely one-sided view of this incident comes from; people should be indited by the grand jury and go to trial because of mobs who will burn down a neighborhood if they don't...yeah that's certainly the way things should be handled...we don't need evidence; we've got a mob outside telling us what he must do! ROTFLMAO

That’s all I have said is that I want to see a trial. I don’t have any ax to grind with anyone involved in this case

Yeah...right.

"All you have said" could be a at least a novelette if not a full-fledged novel and for someone with no ax to grind I sure see a lot of sparks from your sharpening stone.

Now I understand the wellspring from which your extremely one-sided view of this incident comes from; people should be indited by the grand jury and go to trial because of mobs who will burn down a neighborhood if they don't...yeah that's certainly the way things should be handled...we don't need evidence; we've got a mob outside telling us what he must do! ROTFLMAO

Burning down my neighborhood would have some pitfalls.

Am I the only one that understands why Zimmerman may have wanted to get a look at the guy?
No, Mike you aren't but I'm thinking there are quite a few who either don't understand or don't want to (because if they admitted they did it wouldn't fit in with the version of events they want to peddle).
He has been called an aggressor a million times in this thread. When i think aggressor, I think physical attack. There's nothing wrong with neighborhood watch.
Based on some of the posts in this thread I'm thinking there are many who thinks there is something wrong with neighborhood watch or even just watching your own neighborhood at all...I suspect that pretty soon; even making eye contact with someone you don't recognize and wondering what he/she is doing will be considered an assault.
Guest 6.8 AR

Mine would be a pitfall, too. I'd be the only one lefty in mine to witness the fun. The lawyers

would all be in another county, at least. Probably the professors, too. The retirees, well, we might

have to get together and roast marshmallows on someone's house.

Mine would be a pitfall, too. I'd be the only one lefty in mine to witness the fun. The lawyers

would all be in another county, at least. Probably the professors, too. The retirees, well, we might

have to get together and roast marshmallows on someone's house.

I know. I have gazed into your trunk :pleased:

Robert, if you want to paint me as being driven by fear, that’s fine. I am driven by intelligence, common sense and a desire for justice.

I fear no man. And I have no fear that I will make a foolish mistake that puts me in the situation that Zimmerman was in.

I think fear is why you so desperately want to see Zimmerman not prosecuted. I think you want to believe that you can take your gun out and kill anymore that scares you. You live in the wrong state for that.

This isn’t about duty to retreat and it isn’t about race. This is about a little man that believed carrying a gun made all things equal. I am not naive; I know very well that we have a legal system and not a justice system. But I hold out a little bit of hope that because of the spotlight that has been put on this case our system will do what’s right. I very well may be disappointed.

• Like 2

I ment this to post earlier but got sidetracked by computer and power problems.

I need to make a correction and apology for information in my earlier post. After reading

several different accounts online I mistakenly thought that the suspected racial slur in the 911

tape from the Martin/Zimmerman case was at 1:36 just before “These A/holes always get awayâ€

statement. I have been wondering why I found nothing where others found something. After some more looking I found a transcript that stated it was a copy the Sanford PD released transcript as TMF 18B mentioned.

Since learning the phrase is at 2:22 in the tape I have listened to three enhanced versions as well as the Sanford PD tape again. In two including the one from CNN they make sure you know what word you are listening for while the other and the PD tape have no direction. All four when listening through headphones sound the same except for background noise in the PD 911 tape. I’ll skip the F-word as it pretty plain and go to the word in question . In all four tapes the sound of the o seems long as in Vote instead of a oo sound as in Moon. Seems that unless Zimmerman has trouble pronouncing these things he may not have said coon. But that is just a opinion. I make a mistake I own it, again I’m sorry.

Joe W.

I ment this to post earlier but got sidetracked by computer and power problems.

I need to make a correction and apology for information in my earlier post. After reading

several different accounts online I mistakenly thought that the suspected racial slur in the 911

tape from the Martin/Zimmerman case was at 1:36 just before “These A/holes always get awayâ€

statement. I have been wondering why I found nothing where others found something. After some more looking I found a transcript that stated it was a copy the Sanford PD released transcript as TMF 18B mentioned.

Since learning the phrase is at 2:22 in the tape I have listened to three enhanced versions as well as the Sanford PD tape again. In two including the one from CNN they make sure you know what word you are listening for while the other and the PD tape have no direction. All four when listening through headphones sound the same except for background noise in the PD 911 tape. I’ll skip the F-word as it pretty plain and go to the word in question . In all four tapes the sound of the o seems long as in Vote instead of a oo sound as in Moon. Seems that unless Zimmerman has trouble pronouncing these things he may not have said coon. But that is just a opinion. I make a mistake I own it, again I’m sorry.

Joe W.

What do you think he said?

What did Zimmerman say he said?

The only thing I like about Orlando is the Hooters next to the race track. certainly not enough reason to go there. They can burn the rest of it. :pleased:

I think Erik lives there somewhere, If you go help him get out, bring those Hooters girls back with you.

I think Erik lives there somewhere, If you go help him get out, bring those Hooters girls back with you.

Erik weighs 90 pounds soaking wet. You would have to be a real marksman to shoot him :pleased:

BTW... those Hooters girls were the best I've ever met. That's why we went back a second time.

Edited by mikegideon

I listened to it again and it sounds like cones, but that doesn"t make any sence unless he tripped over one. If he did say coons he is pronouncing it in a way I have never heard, and I have been in construction for almost 40 years.

I lived in Central Florida when I was in the third grade (Dad was in construction also) I remember him talking about people wearing heavy winter coats in 65 degree temps down there.

Joe W.

Voice experts say 911 tape supports Trayvon Martin

The voice crying for help in the background of a 911 call moments before the fatal shooting of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin was not that of shooter George Zimmerman, experts in voice identification tell the Orland Sentinel.

Tom Owen, forensic consultant for Owen Forensic Services, used voice identification software to rule out Zimmerman, the Sentinel says. Another expert utilizing different techniques came to the same conclusion, the Sentinel reports/

http://content.usato...rayvon-martin/1

The Sentinel said that Ed Primeau, a Michigan-based audio engineer and forensics expert, used audio enhancement and human analysis and came to the same conclusion.

"I believe that's Trayvon Martin in the background, without a doubt," Primeau told the newspaper. "That's a young man screaming."

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/04/01/10963191-trayvon-martin-case-audio-screams-were-not-george-zimmermans-2-experts-say

Edited by DaveTN