Got my new shotty

Guest Slamskie

Guest Slamskie

I have been in the market for a tactical shotgun for a good while and after TONS research I finally picked up a Remington 887 Tactical. I know they had a couple of problems when they were first brought out but Remington addressed the problems and they are rock solid now. I Took it out this weekend and WOW what a gun, my buddy brought over his 870 and I can tell you without any hesitation that the 887 trumps the 870 in every way(and I love the 870) except one and that is aftermarket accessories. It shoots waaayyyyy softer, aims quicker, cycles smoother and is somehow noticeably lighter. There are some folks that like the traditional look of the 870 over the 887 but I really see that changing with a little time. 887.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love my 887 Tactical....only problem is there were none aftermarket parts available for it like stock when I had mine. Dunno if it has changed?

Not yet. I think they are waiting to see how they are recieved in the market. I really like the 887. A well done shotgun.

Guest Scramasax

I love my 870s. They are rock solid tools. I traded for an 887 last year. I look at it as an "improved" 870. I know the mechanism is different and you cannot add a folding stock. It does have a slightly more easy manual of arms. The new technology on the plastic bonding and the ability of using 2/34,3 and 31/2" shells is a plus.

Cheers,

ts.

Guest Slamskie

I am not really sure what else tactical I would put on my 887 other than a six shot side saddle, I love the collapsible stocks but I think that would put a lot the the kick back in the gun and then it would not be as fun to shoot....I really like being able to blow though a box of shells and not be sore afterwards!!!!!

• 6 months later...
Guest robin.kempton

I love my 887.....nice shooting weapon, good home defense piece. Gets lots of attention at the range.....looks mean. Highly recommended, just be sure to oil it the day you bring it home...they are about as dry as a bone when they come from the factory.

Looks too plasticy to me but that is just my preference. A friend of mine has an 870 with a collapsible stock and I hate shooting heavy loads in it. That gun is without a doubt the most obnoxious gun I've ever shot with some 3" slugs in it. No way would I want anything lighter.