Chippa RHINO

TNMP40

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have shot several Rhino pistols and own one. Once you get past the looks and start shooting, i think you will wonder why you don't already have one. I have shot the 5" with full power 357 loads and it sure doesn't feel like a 357. More like a 38. Maybe a little more push into your hand, but not the jarring, rising impact of the traditional 357 revolver. I was a little put off by the price initally, so I waited around for a while. More than 6 months to be exact. Then an acquaintence of mine in a lgs asked if I'd be interested in buying his carry gun. When he told me what it was, I was pretty tempted. It's a 2" nickeled and a real beauty. No wear showing and he gave a few days to think it over. After finding a bit more about the 2", I went back and purchased it. A very good buy at the time. Even like the holster that comes with each pistol. It's a little big but works well for me.

Shooting it is not much different than the 5'', I really don't think I can tell much if any difference between them. And if you want a real treat, try a 38 target load in the Rhino. It's no 22, but it's close.

Guest Brianf88

If you get pass the price tag and become one of the few with the original first of its kind could be handy down the road. Especially if people stop buying them and they stop production not sure if it is sold over seas.

Wow... that sounds good; but I really can't get past the price. I think it's waaaaaay too expensive for what it is.

Maybe one of the big boys Ruger, S&W, or Taurus will come out with a clone... at a much cheaper price point.

You can rest assured that ruger will copy anything if it looks profitable.

• Like 1

Thanks for the input... I am looking for the 2" to use as CCW. Right now I am caring a LC9 which I like but I really like revolvers because they are simple and always go bang. The price is really high and I was surprised. More than a Kimber Solo. That in mind it sounds like there are some definite pluses. Let me know if you find any in the Knoxville area or Tri-Cities area.

Thanks for the input... I am looking for the 2" to use as CCW. Right now I am caring a LC9 which I like but I really like revolvers because they are simple and always go bang. The price is really high and I was surprised. More than a Kimber Solo. That in mind it sounds like there are some definite pluses. Let me know if you find any in the Knoxville area or Tri-Cities area.

i saw one at gunslingers in kingsport last Friday. Don't know if they still have it. Personally, i can't get past the looks. The guns and ammo calendar has one featured for march. I can't wait for April lol