How to tell DSA built FAL

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's most like an SA58, that's what they sell. Call DSA to verify. I know there's away to look at it and tell, but I can't remember at the moment. If it's the typical Belgian combo flash hider, it's left-hand threaded and may be brazed on. You'll need a good barrel vise and likely a torch to get it off.

Everything there is to know FAL related is here: http://www.falfiles.com/forums/index.php

Thanks guys. I signed up for that forum about a week ago and am still waiting for a mod to approve me. I figured my TGO bethren would know. I have an email into DSA.m I wanted to also verify that mine isn't subject to the recent recall before shooting it. I figured it was factory, I haven't seen any STGs with the shortened gas system. I can't wait to shoot this thing.

Spoke with a representative @ DSA (real nice and helpfull). Apparently, the rifle was built in 1999 SA58 light weight with a 16" barrel. Apparently it is a CA model that has been converted (it has a detachable mag), pistol grip, etc. Still can't get access to fal files, been 2 weeks since I signed up and still haven't been approved by a mod. Anyway, the rifle appears to be unfired...if it has been fired it doesn't show.

Spoke with a representative @ DSA (real nice and helpfull). Apparently, the rifle was built in 1999 SA58 light weight with a 16" barrel. Apparently it is a CA model that has been converted (it has a detachable mag), pistol grip, etc. Still can't get access to fal files, been 2 weeks since I signed up and still haven't been approved by a mod. Anyway, the rifle appears to be unfired...if it has been fired it doesn't show.

Good that DSA was helpful. I've found their customer service folks nice, if not always completely forthcoming with details.

There have been some serious administration issues on falfiles somewhat recently. I seem to recall my approval there being automatic, though that was several years ago. I also recall it not taking my gmail account. I had to use my work email to get approved, the switched it back afterwards. No idea why. You should still be able to search via google and find what you need. If you'd like, I can PM a mod on your behalf.

Thanks peejman, just fought this message after returning from my daughter's spring break...out your way in Townsend. I'll try the work email...I checked today (3 weeks and still no access). I can't wait to go out to my land and shoot the rifle this weekend.

Don't feel bad, I tried to sign-up for FAL Files and I was told that I had been banned!