Motorcycle question?

With the current hike in gas prices and warmer weather I've been inclined to ride my motorcycle more often. I'm at the 2 week mark awaiting my carry permit. My question is for those of you that do ride when you stop at some place like O'Charleys to eat what do you do? I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving it out in my bike for fear of someone seeing me put it up (not to mention my CBR has a very small compartment). If I know I'm going to be out for a while I'll probably going to have my riding jacket on with a shoulder holster for safety purposes. Therefore I'm probably not going to "get by" at the restaraunt. Or does this sound like a job for my KT 3AT? This idea is a little out there but if I had say a g19 and removed the mag and slide and carried the grip with me would that constitute as a firearm? Thanks.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Grout

Either carry something that can be concealed really well or don't eat someplace that serves alchohol.I would not try the stripped gun approach.

Guest johnnyo

If I know that i'm going to be ending up someplace that sells alcohol then i won't carry, but I have been known to carry into a places in Maryville/Alcoa that do sell alcohol but I conceal it very well. I also don't carry when riding in fun raiser events (bad press for bikers). I do however carry most of the time when I ride. I would not advice anyone to leave their firearm unattended in a bike. Good luck and ride safe.

I've bought one of these and haven't used on my bike yet, but if you have saddle bags you could loop the cable around the rear shock and put in the bag. http://www.center-of-mass.com/

Of course you may be seen transferring to the safe, but better than leaving the house unarmed. Also could still carry the ammo in with you so if stolen the gun isn't readily available for use.

Although many have done it at times....

I'd just remind everyone it is against the Code of Conduct for the board to discuss or suggest an illegal action, such as how to carry in a place that serves alcohol for onsite consumption.

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/faq.php?faq=general#faq_general_conduct

3.Do not discuss illegal activities of any sort.

Illegal activities should never be discussed here. Obviously a web community centered upon firearms ownership will have members from various local, State and Federal law enforcement agencies let alone be monitored by those same agencies. Don’t put them in a position to have to do something professionally about something stupid that you did or are going to do.

We would greatly prefer that our members not engage in illegal activities in the first place, but if you have you should be smart and not blab about it on the Internet.

For the sake of appearances, let's just assume that this O'Charleys is in Alabama (which allows carry in resturaunts which serve)... and the primary concern is an unattended firearm being stolen.

I'd carry whatever is most practical to carry at all times.

Okay - Remember the Gun is the Frame. I can go to any store and purchase a slide without having a background check. You could break down the gun leaving the FRAME in your saddle bag cable locked to the bike what have you and carry the slide and the magazine in with you. No way to be arrested. Just don't drink.

Guest nraforlife
Either carry something that can be concealed really well or don't eat someplace that serves alchohol.I would not try the stripped gun approach.

Agree with the "don't eat someplace that serves alchohol" 100%. To carry deep concealed - like in a 5.11 undershirt - and go into an establishment that serves alcohol would be breaking the law here in TN.

Edited by nraforlife
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest grimel
I also don't carry when riding in fun raiser events (bad press for bikers).

I have to ask, how is it bad press? Is it bad press for drivers of Ford F150's? Is it bad press for people to have a HCP?

I usually carry mine in a shoulder bag (no not a man purse!). After my wreck I think I will almost always carry this way when riding. It would have been really bad for me and my gun if it had been on my hip. Concealed means concealed and don't break a law you don't want to answer for.

Guest canynracer

I also have a CBR...You could buy a smaller "bike" gun...like the Kahr pm9, KT PF9, or something along those lines...

or, you can secure your gun in the compartment before you get to the O'Charleys parking lot.

or....dont eat there :)

I do not break the law. If I was in a place that was legal to carry, I might just put a small gun like a Kahr pm9 in my riding boot...

I have to ask, how is it bad press? Is it bad press for drivers of Ford F150's? Is it bad press for people to have a HCP?

It can look bad for bikers simply because your CW will be in plain view or easy to spot while ridding.You have to keep in mind that rides are often for the benefit of a child with cancer,or a children's hosipital,ect..and are often covered by press.

Bikers already can have a scary look to sheeple,but just add a big bad scary gun to that big bad scary biker and I could see the ride organizers not wanting you involved...

It can look bad for bikers simply because your CW will be in plain view or easy to spot while ridding.You have to keep in mind that rides are often for the benefit of a child with cancer,or a children's hosipital,ect..and are often covered by press.

Bikers already can have a scary look to sheeple,but just add a big bad scary gun to that big bad scary biker and I could see the ride organizers not wanting you involved...

My weapon is no more easily exposed when I ride than in general. If I'm going to be riding several miles, many times I'll use a shoulder holster so as long as I don't remove my vest or jacket, shouldn't be a problem.

But if the hospital or kid with cancer doesn't want my money because I choose to defend myself I can easily keep my registration fee in my wallet and ride on my own.

...and I really could care less what I look like to the sheepel. I have been parked at gas station waiting on other riders to show up and have seen people go out of their way to not park in the spot next to me. Who cares...if they want to judge me without knowing me, that's their problem, not mine.

Guest johnnyo

I agree Fallguy, my CW is easily exposed riding or walking around town. You are right too Strickj folks are scared of bikers, having a CW visiable during a benefit I personally don't do. I'm not saying that I don't have it with me just not in plain sight. I am patched and have a set of guidelines I must follow.

Guest grimel
It can look bad for bikers simply because your CW will be in plain view or easy to spot while ridding.

Then you need to learn how to conceal a gun.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest HogMan

Bikers already have one strike against them. Conceal well and ride safe.:drama::cool:

Guest Engloid

It's surprising how many people here will reccomend against carrying without a permit..

and then tell others with a permit to carry into a place that sells alcohol.

They're both illegal, so why the double standard?

It's surprising how many people here will reccomend against carrying without a permit..

and then tell others with a permit to carry into a place that sells alcohol.

They're both illegal, so why the double standard?

Well as Fallguy stated it is againsr the rules of the forum.

:up: