Scored Cool .22 rifle

graycrait

I scored an older Remington 572 ADL pump yesterday. It makes a more or less matched pair with my 552 ADL semi-auto. The cool thing is the 572 shoots 20 grain 500fps Colibras all day long and the 552 semi shoots literally everything else including: shorts, longs, long rifles, subsonics, hyper velocity, 60 grain,, etc. Now I have to get a Winchester semi auto 63 to go with my Winchester 62A pump.

Remingtons572and552.jpg

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great score. Love the Remmy pumps. I've got an old 121, my first gun, under the tree on my 12th Christmas.

fieldmaster.jpg

Garufa has one too, with a nice finish still, no less.

I've thought about getting a new 572 'cause they're so sweet, still nicely blued with real walnut and all, too. Congrats!

- OS

Jealous. A pump 22 is sorely missing from my collection

Me, too. My mom learned to shoot on a pump .22 and wanted one for years. She finally picked up an old Norinco pump .22 a few years back and it is fun to shoot. I don't know that I'd want a pump in a centerfire rifle but a .22LR or a .22WMR pump would be fun.

I'm with you on that one Mike, I have a lever, a couple of bolts and 10/22's. Been wanting one for a while, Henry has a new one coming out may try and find one of those this summer. Anybody have any experience or opinions on those.

To the OP nice find by the way.

And JAB I've got a Savage pump 35 Rem that I got from my FIL last year that I deer hunted with the past year that I really enjoyed. That was my first experience with any pump action.

Sidinman, I have been looking at the henrys as well. They sure look nice but I can't help wonder if a Remington wouldn't be a better use of the money. IDK, what I really want is a buddy's Rossi. It's got a funny sear, hold the trigger down and rapid fire as fast as you can pump. They were pretty cheap too...

Don't know anything about the new Henry's but had a viable Rossi and gave it to a friend along with a box of 60 grain SSS Aguila to take care of his urban racoon issue. Don't need a Rossi when you you have the orgininal. Winchester 62A is below the Rem 572.

As to the peep onthe semi auto Remington 552 the rear is a Williams grooved set-up with a Merit Adjustable iris aperture with a higher front sight with gold bead.

Savage used to make a nice pump .22. I have no idea as to why I traded mine some years ago.

Here are my two .22 pumps - "forever guns" now.

Pump22s.jpg

but that isn't a glock!

FNG, LOL,

besides Glock 9mms, .22s are another of my gun hobbies. Nothing really unique or high dollar, just a couple of handfuls of plinkers.

These guys have my interest http://www.twistedindustries.net/products/ . When I mentioned to them about a .22 conversion for the Keltec P32 7.7oz .32 ACP to .22LR they said to wait, implying that they were working on it. I would love to see a P32 size .22LR semi auto. The Beretta Bobcat, Taurus PT22 and Taurus PLY 22 just don't quite get it for me, neither does the Phoenix Arms HP22. Old Ravens and Jennings .22s don't quite fit the bill either.

Edited by graycrait