New Beretta U22 Neos -- problem

Guest Nightfall

Guest Nightfall

Hi,

New user here with a new gun.

I seem to be having some problems with the trigger on my U22.

I bought the pistol weekend before last and finally made it to the range this morning.

I fired about 60 rounds throught it and at least half a dozen times I'd pull the trigger and I'd hear a click but it would not fire. The click was not the firing pin misfiring because I could pull the trigger again and it would fire. Sorry I can't say any of this in a more detailed way, not only am I new to this forum but I'm fairly new to guns.

Any thoughts? Need to send it back to Beretta?

Thanks

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

New user here with a new gun.

I seem to be having some problems with the trigger on my U22.

I bought the pistol weekend before last and finally made it to the range this morning.

I fired about 60 rounds throught it and at least half a dozen times I'd pull the trigger and I'd hear a click but it would not fire. The click was not the firing pin misfiring because I could pull the trigger again and it would fire. Sorry I can't say any of this in a more detailed way, not only am I new to this forum but I'm fairly new to guns.

Any thoughts? Need to send it back to Beretta?

Thanks

Had exactly the same prob. Exactly. Like the trigger bottom assembly is falling off the sear or something down in there, light click, no boom. Bet if you let go of the trigger after that, then it fires, right? And here's something else weird, I'll bet you can fire it as fast as you can without the problem surfacing. But deliberate fire with pauses in between is when it does it.

I thought it was out of battery safety at first, that slide wasn't fully closing, but it wasn't that. Or that something was loose in trigger bar span. But no.

Here's the bad news:

Unless your dealer will handle it for you for nada (which Academy won't, where I bought mine), you have to pay shipping to Beretta, even on brand new gun. And you have to send it a "service center", our regional one is a sports store in 'Bama. AND, the guy there says they don't work on NEOS, and just ship it on up to MD. Although it will come back from the place in 'Bama, the whole thing of course just taking that much longer.

(http://www.berettasu...vicecenters.htm)

So I did all that, and it came back in about a month with a list of what was done, like whole new slide!, new trigger bar, some other things. But had same prob.

So called Beretta, trying to be nice and calm which took some rather superhuman effort btw, and they issued call tag to send it directly to them in MD. Took about 5 weeks this time, came back with simple notation "adjusted trigger bar".

And it's been fine ever since. At least as fine as that trigger is gonna get, which is pretty clunky compared to a Ruger MK or Browning. That was all maybe close to a year ago now, have run at least a couple thousand through it since, maybe three, been fine.

Apparently, after haunting many forums during the whole ordeal, a very small % of these NEOS have had this prob, and looks like you may be in the same 2% or so as I was.

Worst thing is, I really don't know exactly what the damn prob WAS with the thing, and I don't think anyone else does either. All the "fixes" I've seen opined online, aren't.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
Worst thing is, I really don't know exactly what the damn prob WAS with the thing, and I don't think anyone else does either. All the "fixes" I've seen opined online, aren't. - OS
Correct fix. Buy a Ruger. Nuff said. Edited by hipower
  • Like 1

Correct fix. Buy a Ruger. Nuff said.

In fairness, the NEOS is a groovy pistola, and this mysterious glitch is rare, seemingly much more rare than a Kahr glitch for example.

One of it's best attributes is that it comes apart and re-assembles easily with no tools, a prime selling point for me.

And eats absolutely anything, have never had one failure to feed/eject -- and, they make an uber groovy rifle kit for it, too.

I think the larger gripe is Beretta's policy; it may be the only mainstream big firearms maker that won't pay for shipping the first time around on a prob, warranty or not.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
Guest Nikator

I have one. Similar problem after first outing at the range. Brought it back to the store. Had them send it in and Beretta fixed it.