Airports - Start with an empty bag!

R_Bert

Guest Torrin

I know exactly where every single firearm that I own is at all times, so this is something I'm unable to understand.

Amen man, how do you misplace TWO loaded handguns? This guy is an idiot.

When i went to Mexico last year i was worried. Very worried. Not because i would miss a firearm--they are all accounted for in the safe. I was worried a casing for something of that nature would become a issue. Plus- i went to the range one day prior and fired 300+ rounds. However, i did literally soak my hands in rubbing alcohol before the trip. I was pulled out of the regular line in Houston and my hands were scanned (for explosives--i assume) but i passed. Not sure if it did me any good or not but they didn't hold me up ......

Edited by Parrothead

I just don't get it. I think a big part of the responsibility of carrying is being aware of your firearm(s) at all times and being aware of your surroundings at all times. That being said I've never tried to get on an airplane with a firearm but I did try to board with a pack of razor blades in my pocket once though. I had them for work and I swear I had cleaned out my pockets because I always do so before I travel. Well I missed the razor blades. I went through the detector 3 times before I found them in my pocket. Once I did I quickly threw them in the trashcan. The TSA agent looked at me kind of funny and asked "What was that?" I just smiled and amusingly said "Razor blades, can't them on a plane now can you?" She just looked at me funny and let me board. I'm sure that could have come out a lot differently had I not played my cards right. So, I can sympathize with someone concerned about an empty casing or whatnot being in their luggage. Heck, it would be easy to pick one of those up in my car.

A few years ago, I did a LOT of travelling. I use a leatherman tool a lot for work, and several times forgot it was still on my belt as I rushed to the airport to get home. The Dayton, OH TSA folks were very nice about it and always let me run the Leatherman back to the ticket agent to put in my checked luggage.

Other airport TSA folks were jsut glorified bullies. The worst I dealt with were Atlanta, Detroit, Chicago, and Columbus, OH. Columbus was so bad that I flew into Dayton instead, and drove an hour to the work site.

As a side note, before 1968, commercial pilots were encouraged to carry a handgun. Passengers had no screening. There were NO successful hijackings of American airliners before Congress passed a law banning firearms from US commerical flights in 1968. Guess what happened after that law was passed? Yep, hijacking became real popular. TSA has not caught a single terrorist or stopped a single incident. If you really wnat to make airlines safe, allow Concealed Carry on airlines.