Got a New Ruger LC9 Deluxe Gold (Talo) Today

I recently decided I wanted a Ruger LC9 as my summer carry gun and have been shopping around for a few days. Turned out that Bills Outpost was out of them, along with Academy Sports and Gander Mountain. It also turns out that the Ruger LC9 is now on backorder. Ruger is completely out of stock and nobody seems to know when they will be shipping out more of them. The gun place in Sevierville had one yesterday, but I was not sure if I wanted one yet. I eventually called Coal Creek earlier today and they said they had a few special edition models there, so I figured I'd take a look. After looking at it I decided to "pull the trigger" and buy it. They had two Deluxe Silver models and one Deluxe Gold. I decided to buy the Deluxe Gold model since it was only $20.00 more than the silver. Total price was $449.00 before taxes. I figured at very least the resale value would be better if I decide to sell it one day, especially since they only made 1500 of them. I really like it because it is something different from the norm. I am not going to say it is a beautiful gun. It is more "fugly" than anything else I guess. I stopped back by Coal Creek Armory when I left work today to fire some rounds out of it. It is an accurate gun for something that is so compact. One thing that takes some getting used to is the trigger. It takes a lot of pull to get the gun to fire. Since this will be one of my primary carry guns I think the trigger is adequate. I do not like the idea of a hair trigger on a gun that may be in my pocket. I do not want to risk shooting off something that I would rather keep :ugh: . The trigger, along with the slide safety feature is enough to give me some peace of mind. I know some folks think the engraving on the slide is a little "girly", but I don't care. I think the gun looks unique and I am a sucker for guns that aren't something you see everyday. I took a picture for everyone, enjoy.

DSC_0597-1.jpg

Edited by Seabeejason
  • Like 1

Girly? What's girly about curley-aue swirls and gold? :stir:

Yup, definitely stirring it....haha

I think it is more neutral than anything. I do not think it is specific to either gender honestly. But as I said before, I didn't really care. I'm secure enough with my man-hood to wear it. I don't think anyone is going to walk up to someone that has a loaded gun and tell them their gun looks girly. That's just asking for it, lol.

It still shoots the same regardless. I think it's a good looking gun. At least for a poly gun anyway.

Hey. the LC9 is a good little pocket gun, that's for sure. Just had to jump in with that opportunity. I must admit though, I've never had a taste for engraved guns. But that's just me. Now go shoot the little pocket rocket and enjoy.

I know you were just messing around. I kind of set myself up on that one.

I am just the opposite when it comes to engraved guns. I like the old school appearance. I am going to snatch up an engraved revolver when I come across one for a good price.

Guns and Leather in Hendersonville has something you might like then. Didn't get the price though. I was in looking at ARs and spotted this in the case. A Ruger SP101 with nice engraving. Haven't checked but I'd say pics are somewhere on the net.

Edited by hipower
Guest jkintn

I recently bought the standard LC9. Obviously the trigger pull is long but I didn't buy it to go put 200-300 rounds through it at the range. Being new to conceal carry, I prefer the heavy trigger. My M&P is reserved for range time and home defense...maybe conceal carry one day.

I saw the model you bought at Guns & Leather recently. It's nice but I got the standard for $340 and was happy with that price.

I paid $325 for the standard LC9. Good sized pocket gun but the long trigger pull has taken some getting used to. Still on the fence if this is the long term gun for me.

I feel the same way. I will hold onto the gun for a while and see if it grows on me. If it doesn't it will find its way into the classifieds section of the forum. I will be waiting for the new Springfield XDMs 9 mm to be released this summer. If I like it the LC9 will go bye bye.

Edited by Seabeejason

That's an interesting Lc9 but I went with the standard model instead before they became back ordered like the LCP currently is as well. I like the size of the Lc9 and how it handles when fired but I consider it more of a belt or IWB carry pistol and the LCP a pocket pistol. The two pistol's complement one another rather well.

That's an interesting Lc9 but I went with the standard model instead before they became back ordered like the LCP currently is as well. I like the size of the Lc9 and how it handles when fired but I consider it more of a belt or IWB carry pistol and the LCP a pocket pistol. The two pistol's complement one another rather well.

I have looked at some LCP's. I may even think about getting the matching LCP to go with it. I do agree about the LC9 being more of a holster pistol. I have already ordered a small Fobus paddle holster for it. The LC9 will very likely end up being my primary carry gun due to its small size and light weight. My XDM9c is a little too heavy and bulky for an every day carry gun. It sticks out pretty far from my waist, which is more noticeable and it also brushes my arm.

I feel the same way. I will hold onto the gun for a while and see if it grows on me. If it doesn't it will find its way into the classifieds section of the forum. I will be waiting for the new Springfield XDMs 9 mm to be released this summer. If I like it the LC9 will go bye bye.

I've had mine since October. Shot it a few times and never one failure so that's what is holding me back from selling it even though I don't like the long trigger pull. There is an after market trigger adjustment but I don't want to put another $150-200 into a $300 gun. I might check out that Springfield XDMs that you mentioned once it comes out. Otherwise I'm leaning towards a Glock Gen4 G27. My fingers is too well trained with Glocks and I'm not adjusting well to the LC9.