which is best

Guest gizmointn

Guest gizmointn

Would anyone have a recomendation on the best Glock for conceal and carry? I looked at the G23 and was real impressed. I hear alot about the G19, is that where it's at, for the money? I have the Ruger P95 9mm, but it's a little to heavy, and not very comfortable on. Also A good type holster. All help would be appreciated. Thanks.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would anyone have a recomendation on the best Glock for conceal and carry? I looked at the G23 and was real impressed. I hear alot about the G19, is that where it's at, for the money? I have the Ruger P95 9mm, but it's a little to heavy, and not very comfortable on. Also A good type holster. All help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I am SO not going to comment...Mars, you don't need to either! Gizmo is way too new to the forum for that.

Deerslayer or one of the other glock proponents here might want to answer this one.

back away sloooowly! :cool:

The question is which Glock is best for concealment and carry. That means the universe of possibilities is limited to Glock.

That said, there isnt a lot of size difference between the 26/27 and the 19/23. I would take the larger size as easier to shoot and almost as easy to conceal.

Of course my personal choice would be the G36. I sort of liked that gun.

I'm an XD40 shooter so I would recommend you look at the XDs too. With that being said, you will never go wrong with the Glocks. I have shot the G27 but hated the .40 in the subcompact, might be better in the G23. The 9mm in the G19 is a pleasure to shoot.

Guest nosnos

Yeah. You should know that if you come on here asking about Glocks some people will tell you in no uncertain terms that you should consider anything, as long as it isn't a Glock.

I have the 26 and have really enjoyed it so far. I recently got my HCP and ordered an M- TAC holster from comp-tac.com. A friend of mine has the same holster for his XD. Its amazing. Very comfortable and concealable.

Who knows, one day I may decide I want something other than a Glock. For now I like it. Its nothing to be ashamed of.

Guest Todd@CIS
there isnt a lot of size difference between the 26/27 and the 19/23. I would take the larger size as easier to shoot and almost as easy to conceal.

This is exactly what I tell my Officers.

Guest nosnos

The 26 is not hard to shoot. Maybe not as smooth as some other, bigger guns. But for me the small difference in size makes a big difference in concealabllity. I don't know. I've got to try shooting some bigger pistols. To me the Glock shoots great. But my other carry gun is a Kel Tec, so go figure. For me, being small is the difference between carrying and not.

They had some magazines at the gun shop in Livingston that made the subcompact into a compact version. Extended the grip another inch or so and blended into the handle well. Anybody use these? Just wondering how well they work. Seems like it would be the best of both worlds.

Guest darkstar

The Glock 23 was a perfect fit for me, sat well in a Bianchi model 105 holster, good firepower, good concealability. Go with what feels right for you.

I have a 27 and 23, I carry the 27 from time to time concealed and when I get my MTAC Kydex for the 23 I will carry it from time to time as well. To me the 27 is easier to conceal but that would depend on your body size and mid section as well as how you plan to carry it.

They had some magazines at the gun shop in Livingston that made the subcompact into a compact version. Extended the grip another inch or so and blended into the handle well. Anybody use these? Just wondering how well they work. Seems like it would be the best of both worlds.

I have two of these mags set up with the "filler" to use with my 27, they effectivley make the 27 about like a 23 except the barrell is no longer. They work just fine with no issues at all in my 27.

I have a Glock 23 (compact .40) and a Glock 27 (sub-compact .40). I love them both, but the 27 is easier to conceal and carry (smaller, lighter) than the 23. A lot of people will say the .40 s&w is too "snappy" on the recoil.....but I'm a woman and have no problem shooting either of my Glocks. I hardly notice a difference between the recoil of the 23 vs. the 27. I think the .40 s&w is a great compromise between the 9mm and the .45. A little more recoil and packs a bigger punch than a 9mm, and a little less on both than the .45.

That being said, you really can't go wrong with any Glock that you decide to get. Just get the model that feels best in your hand and that you will be comfortable with carrying. For me, the weight and size of the gun I carry makes a HUGE difference. For a guy....a little more size and weight might not matter. One thing I would tell you to do with any Glock you get.....first thing get a Hogue gripsleeve and put it on. It makes the grip feel sooooooo much more comfortable and helps absorb a little recoil too.

Have fun making your choice! :D

Guest jcramin

1911 hehehehehe

:D

I carried the 23 for a year before a job forced me out of my jeans and tee shirt (I hate ties) Some days I can still creatively work it into the wardrobe but most days its the Kel-Tec. I agree with The Rabbi about going little bigger making a big difference, also the 27 never fit my hand. It's a small sacrifice. On the weekends it feels good to have the glock where I have grown so fond of it.

• Administrator

The Glock 19 has been and continues to be on my radar as a possible addition to the collection at some point. I have owned a 27 and a 23 and preferred the slightly larger size of the 23. Far more enjoyable to shoot and just as concealable.

The 19 is the same size as the 23, of course, but chambered in 9mm.

Guest sling

Or, you could always go with an HK P2000SK... and then never go back. :-P Plus it doesnt have that stupid wood block feel... Personal preference of course.:D