Tennessee Primary TGO Exit Poll

Who Did You Vote For?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who did you vote for in the Tennessee republican presidential primary?

• Mitt Romney
    • Rick Santorum
    • Newt Gingrich
    • Ron Paul
    • Other
    • Did not vote

Ah, yes. A fictional character who made great impression on me as a kid reading heinlein, though he was only mentioned in a couple of "minor" heinlein works. Mainly "Revolt in 2100" collection. I don't think Scudder was even featured "in person" in any of heinlein's stories. Just third-party referenced in a few stories as a theocrat who managed to screw up a hundred years of history.

He had story plans,including one that would have shown Scudder's rise to power. Heinlein never wrote them because he found the subject to be too depressing.

Yep. Unfortunately you can have a individual that will invoke God and/or lace their speeches with religiosity and a lot of church folk will flock towards that candidate ...

Except his own Catholic base, which he didn't carry in Michigan or Arizona, and apparently not in most of the Super Tuesday states either. Strange he's carrying the evangelicals, half of whom ain't even sure the Catholics are going to heaven in the first place, but alienating his own.

I was tickled by my own 86 year old mom, who wouldn't vote for Kennedy, but now chose a Catholic over a Mormon!

In a way, I actually agree with her -- if there's anything weirder than Christianity itself, it's the spin Mormonism adds to it. ;)

- OS

I think the threat of Rick "imposing" his religious views on the population is overblown and exaggerated by the MSM. Having said that, a lot of our problems are from government taking the place of the family. Government has taken the place of many fathers and all I see Rick saying is that family should be more important in people lives than big brother and that the values that built the country should be revived.

Most of the destruction of family has been done by the courts anyway. Rick would be just as good as the others.

Looks like Mitt is going to take it anyway and try to convince us that he will overturn obamacare. Sadly BHO will make him look like a fool when debating this topic.

Having said that, a lot of our problems are from government taking the place of the family. Government has taken the place of many fathers and all I see Rick saying is that family should be more important in people lives than big brother and that the values that built the country should be revived.

Yes, that is true statement. However, your reasoning represents what the problem is, government involvement into people's private lives. The government should have no business in family affairs, either pro or con.

As far as his views being overblown by the MSM, I don't think that is the case. You can listen to Santorum's own words, and when he talks about everything he has done or tried to do legislatively (i.e. government force) in promoting his view, one can clearly sense that he is a big government guy, especially in the realm of social policy.

Yes, that is true statement. However, your reasoning represents what the problem is, government involvement into people's private lives. The government should have no business in family affairs, either pro or con.

As far as his views being overblown by the MSM, I don't think that is the case. You can listen to Santorum's own words, and when he talks about everything he has done or tried to do legislatively (i.e. government force) in promoting his view, one can clearly sense that he is a big government guy, especially in the realm of social policy.

More big Gov. than Newt or Mitt??

I think he's a better choice like you think Paul is but it looks like we both will get neither one.

Still going to be optimistic and look forward to the remaining primaries.