Gail Kerr: Guns-at-work proposal is a disaster in waiting

I quote "A private business should be able to create whatever rules it wants to govern use of its employee parking lot." Since when? Does that mean I can ban whatever race, religion, political persuasion, weight, height, gender I want to? OK, It's my parking lot. No unarmed libtard women can park here. You have to park on the street and walk.

Glenn

• Like 2

i dont understand the big deal. i would expect this much debate if we were asking to walk around with an ak or something, but just to keep a hand gun in my glovebox is all we are asking for.

People like her have stage 4 Libtard disease. She knows what's best for everyone, and will MAKE them comply with her plan. She needs to move to France.

A Libby friend of mine moved to France 5 years ago. Hasn't cured him yet.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jeannen

Gail's a coward and a far left lib - her positions are so absurd I refuse to read anything with her name on it. I've started calling the Tennessean the Gail Kerr/Ms Cheap Gazette and the only reason I still get it is for the ads and comics. May have to re-think that.

I emailed her and said this:

Gail,

Please stop with the sensationalizing. Above all, please stop spouting off about that which you obviously have no clue. Just like the "guns-in-bars" bill, which you were DEAD WRONG on, but refuse to own up to and admit that you were wrong, you are wrong about this. Every time you write one of your hit pieces on gun owners, you sink in credibility, but that's your choice.

It's fine to have an opinion about something, but unless it's grounded in fact, then as my dad used to say, it's about as useful as teats on a male pig.

Please stop lying about gun owners.

Here is the reply that I got:

Thanks for reading me, and sending your feedback. GK

She's right about one thing: I read her - like a book.

If it comes down to a property rights issue, I think the logical think would be to argue whether or not a corporation that doesn't spend a day outside of its specific office, really has the right to determine whether or not the people who are in the restaurants and the smaller offices are vulnerable or protected. I mean, when I think of property rights I think of a man in his home, and the rights he has as such. Despite having ownership, I think it's hard to say that a faceless CEO in another state has the right to disarm the people who work at the business day in and day out. The company may own the building, but as far as rights are concerned the local employees should be in charge, at least to some degree. Suffice it to say that entry level employees certainly don't have the right to "secede" from the corporation, but we are talking about two rights that are equally valid as constitutional guaranteed. Many will argue simply as to which one is more important but the constitution guarantees both property rights and the right to bear arms to certain degrees. I say the fact that most of the property owners never even set foot in said property, force the property rights to give way to the 2nd amendment rights of the employees who do.

Apparently she fully supports the rights of criminals to disregard all laws and everyone else's rights.

She's one who believes in the myth of the "honest criminal". A gun buster sign will surely stop someone going in to commit an armed robbery, right?

Here's her response to my little rant via email. Maybe she's getting a few more opinions from gun owners?

Thanks. We will disagree on this, but know this: I appreciate you reading me, whether or not your opinion differs. And I am thankful that you took the time to send me your thoughts and feedback. Gail

I would contact her editor and ask if all they published was opinion and then give him the facts. And let him known if his publication wouldn't print facts then you wouldn't read and start several blogs to inform the public about their(the Tennessean's) misinformation.