New Tattoo

Fallguy

What I think of when I think of tatoos:

Holocaust_tattoo.jpg

In a way, that is one reason I don't have one. Tattoos make it too easy to identify folks, so most really elite units don't allow them.

But for normal folks, it's a matter of choice. There are some obvious guidelines for folks in professional positions, but as long as they can be covered, it can be a source of pride or whatever.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Grout
:cool: Yikes! Thats pretty funny actually. I think tatoos can look great or awful depending on where, what and how well its done. That said...I still want one :D

Pic won't do

Edited by Grout
never mind

I think tats are cool if they have personal meaning to the person getting one.

I worked with a guy who had tribal arm bands and I asked one why he chose them.

His answer was " because they look cool dude" I just kind of nodded I think.

To me that is not a good tattoo.

i also think names and portraits of people other than your own children/grandchildren

ought to be passed on. I knew a guy he had his ex wifes portrait tatted on his chest. He admitted it was pretty dumb in retrospect.

Needs to be something no one can ever take from you.

At least the Dale Jr. fans can just add another 8 to their arm. LOL

Anybody addicted to tats? I know when I got mine years ago I was all fired up to get another, but I never could come up with something I felt strongly enough about to get it put on me.

What I think of when I think of tatoos:

Holocaust_tattoo.jpg

This is an outrage, The people who did this should burn in hell. Sorry if that's not Pc.

The only tat I have is one I did myself when I was 16. I inked the name of my first true love on my arm using a needle some thread and india ink.

After many years (it was only 9 or so) we actually did get married and this year will be our 23rd anniversary.

red what do you want a tat of?

Please don't let it be the butterfly on the small of the back.

the lower back tattoo is what we call a tramp stamp. Now i learned a more crude term for it in the service but ill not post it on this family friendly forum.

So,umm four pages and no one has ask,sooo...did you cry from the pain :P

If not just wait until you get it touched up,then it hurts twice as bad :up:

Seriously man it looks good.I have a couple myself.

I was told that once I got my first that I would be addicted,and after I experienced the pain of a group of needles piercing my skin 200 times a minute....

So,umm four pages and no one has ask,sooo...did you cry from the pain :P

If not just wait until you get it touched up,then it hurts twice as bad :up:

Seriously man it looks good.I have a couple myself.

I was told that once I got my first that I would be addicted,and after I experienced the pain of a group of needles piercing my skin 200 times a minute....

LOL...nope no tears. In fact it was pain-free.

He didn't charge a thing for the pain....LOL :P

It didn't really hurt near as bad as other things, but of course 4 hours of uncomfortable pain can hard to compare to a few seconds of intense pain.

As of today....looks like it may not really need touching up...I hope.

I thought it was funny about the pain thing.I was always told they didnt hurt all that bad,until I got one,then everybody started saying how bad they do hurt :mad:lol

The one on my shoulder felt like a needle piercing all the way through my arm,into my armpit.Now I couldnt hardly even feel the one on my elbow though :up: Guess theres not any nerves in there :P

• Administrator

Pain is relative to the person experiencing it. I thought having mine done was pretty painless. I've been hurt a lot worse and for much longer periods of time, so the sensation of being tattooed barely registered as an annoyance.

I too was told that once you got your first, you'd go back for more. I kicked around that idea for a while but decided to just let it go. I have scratched the itch, so to speak, and really don't think I'll get another at this point. One is enough for me.

Many people become addicted to getting tattoed. The process of it all causes pain but also releases endorphins. I am not sure, but if endorphins could be bottled or put in a pill we would all be addicted to it.

There are also a lot of people who subscribe to the theory that selective pain can feel good and be good for you.

I admit it was a pretty big rush getting the tat.

Guest darkstar

Just imagine what it's gonna be like when all the people that have been getting tatoos hit their old age....buncha wrinkly, drooping tats in the nursing home.:D

• Administrator
Just imagine what it's gonna be like when all the people that have been getting tatoos hit their old age....buncha wrinkly, drooping tats in the nursing home.:D

Yeah but if you're in a nursing home checking out the old naked people, you have deeper issues to contend with. ;)

Guest EasilyObsessed
I thought it was funny about the pain thing.I was always told they didnt hurt all that bad,until I got one,then everybody started saying how bad they do hurt :mad:lol

The one on my shoulder felt like a needle piercing all the way through my arm,into my armpit.Now I couldnt hardly even feel the one on my elbow though :D Guess theres not any nerves in there ;)

One of my friends has his entire shoulder covered in ink. I tagged along to the watch him get his armpit tattooed. It was funny watching him tear up for a couple hours while that went on, but I realized that I would NEVER want to get anything that painful performed without anesthesia.