Well, it is done!

Guest infinity40

Guest infinity40

I did it! I went to the DL place, filed my paperwork and got finger printed today. Now the wait begins.

I had my certified copy of my birth certificate, my course completion certificate and my drivers license. I popped in about 1030 at the Drivers License office on Boones Creek Rd in Johnson City. I gave the girl under the "begin here" sign my paperwork and she handed me the form and my "number" in line.

I filled out the paperwork in about 10 minutes and returned it about an hour and a half later when they called my number. The lady at the counter took my application and my money, then she checked my paperwork. She gave me a form letter with instructions on getting finger printed and pointed me towards the camera.

I called the number on the fingerprint instruction form she gave me from right there in the parking lot and set up an appointment for 1300.

I rolled in a few minutes early to the Atwork temp agency down in the same shopping center as Wellmont Fitness and Northern Tool (arrgghhh) just off State O Franklin. This was where the lady on the phone told me to go. I was in and out by 1330.

Not too bad, 3 hours start to finish. Most of it was waiting in line at the dmv.

Edited by infinity40
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is one of the few advantages of living in the sticks. I walked into the driver's license test center; nobody else there, total time there-12 minutes. Went directly to the UPS store for finger printing. Once again only person there was me. Got out in 15 minutes, would have been sooner but the owner is a friend of mine. So total time for both stops was much less than 30 minutes. Small towns do have some advantages.

I went to the DMV in Clinton, TN at around noon on a Tuesday. I was in and out in 10 minutes. I didn't even have time to fill out the application before they called my number. Went to Gunny's in Maryville for finger printing and was done in 5 minutes. I was stunned at how quick I got done at both places.

I went to the Maryville DMV to get my Tennessee Drivers License last summer and it took about 3 hours. Never again.....

I'll gladly drive 45 minutes to Clinton the next time I need to visit the DMV.

Edited by Seabeejason
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest infinity40

9 days and still counting... It looks like it is taking about 18 days right now to get the permit back so my wait is about half over.

Oh yeah, that reminds me I need to call Alan at AHolsters.com and get that IWB Kydex holster for my F.E.G. PA-63 ordered.

Edited by infinity40

I'm on business day 10 after my prints were done. Hopefully not much longer.

Got mine last month. It was in my mailbox the 22nd day after I got printed. Felt like torture after about day 10 though. Here's hoping for a speedy turn around for yours!

Guest thejoshdavis

Got mine last month. It was in my mailbox the 22nd day after I got printed. Felt like torture after about day 10 though. Here's hoping for a speedy turn around for yours!

Thanks man. Yeah, I check the mail everyday like I have a $50,000 check coming with my name on it lol.

Guest cecasejr

Mine took 25 days from fingerprint. My wifes took 28 days. My son took his fingerprints for his on March 1st, nothing yet for him.

Guest infinity40

My fingerprints were done electronically (scanned). I guess, hope, scanned prints take less time to process because they transmit them electronically rather than having to wait for mail delivery.

Guest thejoshdavis

My fingerprints were done electronically (scanned). I guess, hope, scanned prints take less time to process because they transmit them electronically rather than having to wait for mail delivery.

Mine too. I was at the DMV on Feb 28 and prints done on the 29th. Probably not much longer.

Guest infinity40

Well, I wasn't going to but I broke down and called the state to check on my HCP status. I am listed as "proccessing". The nice lady said it was still in the background check phase and asked me to call back in a week or two...

sigh... It was better when I didn't know the facts.

Guest cecasejr

My son received his permit in the mail yesterday. It took exactly three weeks (21 days) from the fingerprints to mailbox. Mine took 25 days and the wife's took 28 days.

Guest thejoshdavis

It has been 21 days today. And I still am waiting...

:down:

I got mine today. Call them up, they are nice and will tell you what you need to know so you'll stop stalking the mailman.