Maine Resident Kills Would Be Burglar with .22 Handgun, Wounds Another

Guest Lester Weevils

To be properly effective, the electric guitar must be plugged into a wall of marshall double-stacks then turned to 11! Then a simple chord will do the trick. If you wish to be unusually cruel, inflicting both physical and psychological damage, attack with the opening phrase of "Stairway to Heaven" or "Smoke on the Water". Play the riff repeatedly, with numerous mistakes, until the bad guy is dead, unconscious, or at least catatonic.

Edited by Lester Weevils

To be properly effective, the electric guitar must be plugged into a wall of marshall double-stacks then turned to 11! Then a simple chord will do the trick. If you wish to be unusually cruel, inflicting both physical and psychological damage, attack with the opening phrase of "Stairway to Heaven" or "Smoke on the Water". Play the riff repeatedly, with numerous mistakes, until the bad guy is dead, unconscious, or at least catatonic.

I love it how sometimes your just reading a thread one post after another and all the sudden something makes you laugh ! THANKS !

Gee...and just a week or so ago I was getting beat up for suggesting that a woman just thinking about carrying should carry whatever SHE is willing to carry, regardless of caliber.

Essentially I was told that carrying an "underpowered" caliber was tantamount to carrying nothing.

How is it then that this little 22 got the job done??? :)

Well, a .22 pistol used for multiple shots . . . might almost be considered a "serial shotgun" -- a 40 grain or so .22 caliber bullet is about the size of a . . . single 0 buckshot pellet. Three or four .22 bullets in a perp might be as much damage as catching three or four buckshot pellets.

That could be quite a bit of damage.

Edited by QuietDan

Anyone notice that the guy who was shot was still mobile? He died LATER because of his wounds. The guy wielding the .22 is simply lucky that the assailants fled instead of deciding to continue their attack since the one who was shot was STILL PHYSICALLY CAPABLE of doing so.

Again, it astounds me that people can't tell the difference between STOPPING THE THREAT vs. KILLING SOMEONE.

Just because a .22 will kill doesn't make it a good defensive weapon.

Anyone notice that the guy who was shot was still mobile? He died LATER because of his wounds. The guy wielding the .22 is simply lucky that the assailants fled instead of deciding to continue their attack since the one who was shot was STILL PHYSICALLY CAPABLE of doing so.

Again, it astounds me that people can't tell the difference between STOPPING THE THREAT vs. KILLING SOMEONE.

Just because a .22 will kill doesn't make it a good defensive weapon.

People understand just fine.

A "good defensive weapon" is any one of any caliber that does the job when it was needed...in this case the threat WAS stopped....that's what matters...that's really all the matters.

No one is suggesting that we turn in our 45ACPs or 10MMs for a 22.

People understand just fine.

A "good defensive weapon" is any one of any caliber that does the job when it was needed...in this case the threat WAS stopped....that's what matters...that's really all the matters.

No one is suggesting that we turn in our 45ACPs or 10MMs for a 22.

Nah, it's painfully obvious that some do not understand.

Anecdotal evidence proves nothing.

Edited by DaddyO
Guest Lester Weevils

Considering that no person in his right mind wants to be shot-- If shot once then no person in his right mind wants to be shot again-- The small-caliber pistol at least weeds out quasi-rational bad guys from crazy, intoxicated, or incredibly peed-off bad guys.

Use whatever is handy. No guarantees in life. By fleeing, these bad guys proved themselves not completely irrational.

Nah, it's painfully obvious that some do not understand.

Anecdotal evidence proves nothing.

My lack of agreeing with your illogical stand does not mean I don't understand.

Plenty of people have been armed with big calibers and didn't prevail...PREVAILING is all that matters and that is what this young man did - I'd put this young man's determination and 22 up against plenty of people I know carrying big calibers any day.

I can't help but wonder how many life and death struggles you've personally been in that makes you an expert on what caliber is "worthy" of being used...how many times have you defended your life with a firearm?

Edited by RobertNashville