Favicon gone?

Guest RichieRich

Guest RichieRich

Hello.

I always thought the favicon for TGO was one of the coolest on my toolbar. It looks like it recently changed to a generic blue V on my desktop and my tablet (but is still the same old modified TN flag on my laptop). Is this something at my end (in which case I need to do some trouble shooting) or did you change it on the web server?

Thanks.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello.

I always thought the favicon for TGO was one of the coolest on my toolbar. It looks like it recently changed to a generic blue V on my desktop and my tablet (but is still the same old modified TN flag on my laptop). Is this something at my end (in which case I need to do some trouble shooting) or did you change it on the web server?

Thanks.

Windows has cached the old icon (fav1.gif) on your box:

If you make a new bookmark it will show the current one (fav2.gif).

The fav2.gif is actually Invision Power's logo, the company that makes IP Board.

Far as I know, David can tweak the <head> field to show a different image. When he can get a round tuit. :)

- OS

Guest RichieRich

Windows has cached the old icon (fav1.gif) on your box:

If you make a new bookmark it will show the current one (fav2.gif).

The fav2.gif is actually Invision Power's logo, the company that makes IP Board.

Far as I know, David can tweak the <head> field to show a different image. When he can get a round tuit. :)

- OS

Thanks for the info. I just wanted to make sure that all my devices weren't getting corrupted together.

I actually just found the old one still at http://www.tngunowners.com/favicon.ico. It's not a big deal, but it is the coolest icon on my toolbar!

• Administrator

I'm constantly amazed at the attention to detail some of our members have. :)

It's been on my shortlist of things to address but it's been way down near the bottom. I'll try to get it added back in there today.

• Administrator

Ok, I had the file on my laptop so I've uploaded it. To force it to refresh in Firefox do this:

1. Visit http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/favicon.ico
  2. Force the icon to reload by doing a shift refresh or an F5 in the browser
  3. Go back to any TGO page and the icon should be correct now
  4. Enjoy a beer :)

If it's too early for beer, enjoy a cup of coffee instead and remind yourself to have that beer later.

Guest RichieRich

I'm constantly amazed at the attention to detail some of our members have. :)

It's been on my shortlist of things to address but it's been way down near the bottom. I'll try to get it added back in there today.

Take that as a compliment. We're a bunch of high maintenance folks, and if all we can complain about is some silly little icon in the browser, you know you've done a helluva job! Thanks for making this such a great site.