• Administrator

I'll amend my previous statement, then...

Ban communal pooping in the sink!

But in all seriousness, this sort of thing certainly doesn't bode well for the antis making their arguments against legal carry. It's going to be a PR nightmare if/when someone accidentally pops the trigger on their carry weapon and drills the poor guy trying to read the Morning Constitutional sitting on the adjacent toilet.

When I drop pants, my gun stays in my holster and doesn't hit the floor and neither do my pants. I carry OWB usually Galco or Blackhawk. Sometimes at home I'll unholster just depends. At night I unholster but I do not unload. Something about leather and moisture "sweat" I don't like on my guns all the time lol :)

As soon as news about a ND comes out there are those who preach about not carrying one in the chamber and how dangerous Glocks are and how they will never own a Glock and how they will never carry with one in the chamber and how dangerous it is to carry cocked and locked and on and on and on, yet these people strap on a gun and feel they would be able to chamber a round and pull that horrible trigger and actually discharge a weapon if ever presented with the opportunity to do so. Gripe b*@#h and complain all they want about the all dangerous Glock and the horribleness of carrying with one in the chamber but there has NEVER been an instance of spontaneous discharge of a weapon when the trigger was left alone. If you can't keep your finger off the trigger til needed you probably shouldn't be carrying a gun at all, much less after you go through all the motions of chambering a round and flipping off your safeties while possibly having a gun pointed at you. Might as well be carrying a brick. Wait. A gun with one not in the chamber IS a brick. In MY book anyway.

• Like 1
Guest RobThatsMe

Saw a little blurb in the paper today about a guy in a local convenience store bathroom who accidently fired a round into the floor when re-holstering after finishing his business. LEO was called, but no mention of charges, and most importantly no one was hurt. Guy said his shirt must have gotten caught in the trigger as he was holstering into his hip holster.

A couple things about this:

He has an HCP according to the database (not mentioned in story).

No mention of any charges placed.

The story was in the local briefs section, not headline news.

Hmmm.... in some obscure way, I think the newpaper had this right when they placed it in the "Briefs" section! :pleased: