Shooting Range work...

Guest RangeDS

Guest RangeDS

If you had one gun you could shoot, which would it be (caliber)?

Only one type of target you could use, which?

Describe the drill / skill you'd most be interested in working?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One gun I COULD shoot..........hmmm, maybe a M134 Minigun ......

My target would be anything in from of me.....

My training skill would consist of index finger excersies and the "sweeping" motion from left to right with the M134.......

Guest Lester Weevils

If had my own range or whatever would probably enjoy steel plates or some other kind of multiple reactive targets. I used to shoot white paper plates a lot. Bought a huge roll of round orange price stickers about 1" diameter, years ago. Paste an orange sticker in the center of a paper plate. Used that roll a long time and still got plenty of round orange stickers.

Lately like Caldwell Orange Peel targets. Usually the 8.5 X 11 inch ones, but keep some bigger ones around for rarer rifle shooting. They cost more than ordinary printed paper targets, paper plates, or home laser-printed targets, but it is worth the expense only shooting a couple times per month, to easily see where the shots hit. Bought in packages of 100, some mailorder places run Caldwell Orange Peel on sale occasionally for not crazy prices. Lots lower price per sheet than ferinstance buying packs of 5 or 6 other-brand high visibility targets at walmart or whatever.

Maybe it is because I always buy em on sale and maybe they are always a little old-- Or maybe they act this way new as well-- The Caldwell Orange Peel backing is a little more trouble to "get started" pulling the wax paper backing off, compared to some of the other self-adhesive targets. Fingernails are always real short and sometimes have to worry on more than one corner of a target before can peel off the wax paper backing. Wouldn't hurt my feelings if it was easier to peel off the backing, but no big deal.

Maybe longer deliberation would give a better answer, but most likely the pistol would either be a 1911 or a beretta 92FS.