New SR9c issue

Guest TennToTwo

Guest TennToTwo

I just picked up a brand new Ruger SR9c last night. When I opened the case at the dealer the gun was in a plastic bag. It was also heavily coated in oil. Got it home and cleaned it up both inside and out. That's when I noticed one of the grooves in the slide had this real rough finish to it. I did some machining about 30 years ago and remember seeing this. Caused by either a dull cutting tool, cutting too fast or the piece not secure when cutting. Anyway, I think the gun is beautiful except for this obvious flaw. What do you think I should do? Ignore it and just start pumping rounds through it or go back to Ruger and try to get it replaced? Should I demand perfection? It

is only a carry gun. It's for protection not a show piece. Let me know what you think I should do. Thx.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it bother's you then by all mean's follow HiPower's suggestion. Ruger is having a very good production/sale's cycle and thing's like this will happen, the good thing though is Ruger is a stand up firearm's company that will do everything possible to make thing's right.

id probably contact Ruger about it, I'm sure they will replace it. When you pay a good chunk of change for something, you expect it to be in perfect shape, I know the SR9C isnt the most expensive gun out there, but still. I just bought an SR9C three days ago, havent even fired it yet. I guess they come from the factory in the bag with all the oil as you described, but mine was not. I guess the dealer I bought mine from takes them out of the factory bag and cleans them up some. I cant wait to put some rounds through mine. Good luck!