Another Walmart Story - Collierville,TN

Robert, when I said hating I didn't mean it as though people literally hate the Walmart employees. I meant they were talking bad about, stereotyping all the employees because of a couple experiences, etc about the employees.

I guess that's me talking like all my co-workers and not realizing it. Sorry for the confusion.

But everyone is always saying how bad Walmart is and you never hear anything good about Walmarts customer service so I just wanted to point out that the people who work in the sporting goods area at Walmart have never done me wrong. Maybe it's a fluke or I'm lucky but that's my experiences there...

Edited by jdi731

I posted good about walmart. I said that they corrected the issue and will continue to have my business. The point of this thread was not really to bash walmart but rather fellowship with my fellow tgo brothers and get a little steam out after not being able to shoot my new gun for lack of ammo. :)

I guess bad guys only come out at night to buy ammo? Geez,.....

I really do not shop much at Walmart for much of anything and I have been to that one

in collierville - I prefer the one on HWY64 but honestly guys Walmart does lots of things

none really well......Support your local shop

Guest Aces&8s

Our local Wal-Marts in Colonial Heights and Johnson City sell ammo after 10, I know. I think the reason some people are being turned away at other stores is due to the fact that if the register in sporting goods has been signed out of for the night ( which most stores do to cut down on late night personnel), the clerk has to accompany you to another register with the ammo... my guess is that some clerks do not want to go to that trouble, hence the "policy" of not selling after a certain time. This explains why the times vary from store to store, and why corporate has no knowledge of said policy.

I do buy a lot of ammo from Wal-Mart, but I also try to get some from my lgs, as well, and Widener's is close enough that I can pick up there and avoid shipping charges. Sometimes it just comes down to the bottom line. But as long as WM doesn't carry pistols, I do not think our lgs is going anywhere.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest gr8hntr

i had the lady at WM in oakland tell me sorry no ammo after 10pm its store policy and i looked at her and said what about all this shotgun ammo over here that aint in the case ? i cant but that either ? she went and got the manager and he sold me all the ammo i wanted but he did carry it to electronics to an open register

Guest GregK

thats what a lady at the walmart on 64 did for me. She said that register was closed so she would have to carry it for me. Nice lady!!! said she didnt mind helping me, thats why she works there..

Guest peacexxl

And the moral of this story is that the long held myth about trouble not making an appointment has now been BUSTED. Clearly one of the things Walmart has bought with their leverage is the assurance that nothing bad will happen to them after a certain time of the evening as long as they don't make ammo readily available to law abiding citizens.

That makes sense ... right???

Guest RevScottie

The real underlying issue is the fact that their are so many dishonest people in our society that the ammo has to be locked up in a case to start with. It's not just an ammo issue, you would run into the same problems trying to find someone to sell you an IPod at off peak times as well. Often employees/managers stretch the truth as well because they dont have enough employees to cover all areas of the store.

The real underlying issue is the fact that their are so many dishonest people in our society that the ammo has to be locked up in a case to start with. It's not just an ammo issue, you would run into the same problems trying to find someone to sell you an IPod at off peak times as well. Often employees/managers stretch the truth as well because they dont have enough employees to cover all areas of the store.

A number of years back, I determined a solution to this. If I can't get service in a reasonable time, I have the local WM store's Customer Service Manager's desk in my cell phone. I get response incredibly fast. It works for any department, sometimes the on-duty CSM helps me themselves.

B.

Edited by R_Bert