I want a glock, there I said it....

Guest Star1021Scott

Guest Star1021Scott

Ok, my current EDC is a ruger SR9c, as some of you may know its easily concealable, and very accurate. I am very interested in a Gen4 Glock 19 and thats most likely going to be my next purchase. Anyone happen to own both an SR9c and a G19? Glock threads are always fun! Talk me into/out of it!

Edited by Star1021Scott

i just bought a ruger sr9c yesterday to use as my edc from now on, waiting on my crossbreed holster now. I bought a full frame springfield xdm 40 a few years back, thinking it would be a good edc gun, but its just to big for it. then i bought a taurus .380 and every time i would leave the house id feel underpowered lol, so i hope the ruger sr9c gives me that happy median

Guest FiddleDog

I have a G19 Gen4 that I enjoy a lot. It should shoot similarly to your SR9. They've both got a very low box axis. If you do choose the G19, I'd make sure that the test fire date was after November of 2011 or I'd ask to see if the gun has the 30274 ejector on it. The other 336 ejector likes to throw the brass at you. Glock will send the updated part if you have the older 336 ejector in it, but I'd avoid the hassle and ask the gun shop owner to check. Some shop owners don't like for customers to break down one of their guns, but I'm sure if you asked them to do it so you could check, it should not be a problem. The ejector will have either 336 stamped on it (older) or 30274 stamped on it (updated).

Edited by FiddleDog

I recently stepped up from the Ruger LCP to the Glock 26 Gen 4. Its my 2nd glock and I'm happy with it. It goes bang when its supposed to, and puts holes where its supposed to. (Except when the dummy behind the trigger (me) moves the gun during the trigger pull).

Guest harryjordan

I own both guns and both are great i will say though that I shoot the g19 better. I carry either a Glock 36 or Ruger LCP so i dunno about carrying it. resale on the glock is always ez

I'm gonna throw an oddball in. The SR9 is similar to a 1911 grip angle of 105 degrees. The Glock is 111 degrees. Now, I like the Glock angle. I liked the SR9 slimness, but the angle threw me. NOW; consider a Caracal. It is what the SR9 failed to be. A slim 9mm, with the Glock angle. If you like the Glock angle over the SR9, take a serious look at a Caracal.

I have a G19 Gen4 that I enjoy a lot. It should shot similarly to your SR9. They've both got a very low box axis. If you do choose the G19, I'd make sure that the test fire date was after November of 2011 or I'd ask to see if the gun has the 30274 ejector on it. The other 336 ejector likes to throw the brass at you. Glock will send the updated part if you have the older 336 ejector in it, but I'd avoid the hassle and ask the gun shop owner to check. Some shop owners don't like for customers to break down one of their guns, but I'm sure if you asked them to do it so you could check, it should be a problem. The ejector will have either 336 stamped on it (older) or 30274 stamped on it (updated).

Does this ejector problem apply to the gen 3 g19? Well it dont throw it at me, but i would like it to throw more to the side than it does. Edited by gl19gobang
Everyone needs a Glock 19 as far as I'm concerned. In principle, it's damn near the modern day 1911... or the handgun spirit of the AK-47. :)

I couldn't have said it better. I seriously believe that Glocks in general are the AK's of the handgun world......and yes, I own 2 G19's and 2 G26's. I personally like my semi- pistols like my revolvers. NO external safteys'. I've kept my finger off the trigger since I was 6ish and I intend to continue to do just that until I'm in the correct, legal, and/or safe position to pull it.......

• Like 2

Everyone needs a Glock 19 as far as I'm concerned. In principle, it's damn near the modern day 1911... or the handgun spirit of the AK-47. :)

If I hadn't bought the G26 because I wanted it for carry, I would have bought a G19. The next Glock I buy will likely be the G19 though. I have this funny feeling that once I pickup a G19 that will become my primary carry LOL. Sometimes I have to go with a tucked in shirt though and I like the smaller size of the G26 in these situations.

If I hadn't bought the G26 because I wanted it for carry, I would have bought a G19. The next Glock I buy will likely be the G19 though. I have this funny feeling that once I pickup a G19 that will become my primary carry LOL. Sometimes I have to go with a tucked in shirt though and I like the smaller size of the G26 in these situations.

I used a G26 for EDC for a while. Thought there was some kind of advantage over a G19. Then I discovered the extra half-inch length/height for the G19 wasn't a big deal. The real plus is an extra 5 rounds of magazine capacity. I agree with David, the G19 is analogue to the 1911 of past generations.

I owned a Gen3 Glock 19 for 3 years and sold it (mistake) but want another one. It was great and extremely reliable. I did sell it and buy another Glock though. Just not a 19. Can't have just one. I switch between my LC9 and G26. My Gen4 G22 is a little too big for carry.

Guest ryanlaura02

Yep my first glock was a 19 have had the 22 26 36 all gone now but the 19 remains and I will not part with it I love that above every 9mm I have owned (I ankle carry a PF9) so yes get the 19 and put some night sights on it I would go with meprolights but that is my choice. GLOCKS ROCK