any good mechanics on here (east tn)

Guest salb3039

Guest salb3039

I'm looking to have a couple things done to my Rodeo. If you are an experienced mechanic and are interested in making some extra money, let me know. I'll let you know what needs to be done. Looking for somebody within an hour or so of Johnson City.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest salb3039
dang, why don't you just show up at one of our wrenching parties? We have them in bluefield and mountain city. BTW, you making it to zuwharrie in april?

Do you go to Bansil's (Doug) in MT City? I tried to contact him via 4x4wire. Just waiting for a reply.

I'm actually trying to take the lift off my Rodeo so it is more practical and economical. Need to get it fixed up right before I head to law school next fall. I'd definitely make it up there if you or him could do that for me. Like I said to him, you can keep all the lift parts and I'll pay hourly or whatever.

My mom lives there and uses a guy my stepdad up there has been going to for 20 years. I'm into cars/mechanical work and I feel comfortable with them working on my mom's vehicle when I can't.

He's right on the border of JC/Elizabethton near the college (not ETSU, the other one). I will ask her tomorrow what the name of it is.. I know it's on Milligan Highway.

Guest Archimedes

I'm pretty good with a wrench.

I'm not certified or anything, but I recently rebuilt both the engine and trans in my 1992 ES300.

I've never done either, but I was told that I'll never get the trans running again if I took it apart.....That was about a year and 12k miles ago. :up:

Instead of $2500 that Mr. Transmission wanted, I paid $125 for a kit from Dacco, $15 for an ATSG guide, and $70 worth of that Royal Purple synthetic fluid. It took me nearly 3 months to get the drivetrain out, totally disassemble it, get heads checked/valves done, get parts, and get it back together. I did have a problem or two during reassembly that cost me a couple afternoons. One thing was that I'd put a piston backwards in the O/D housing that caused the overdrive clutches to be engaged at all times.....effectively locking the trans. Meh, not bad for an autotrans virgin.....wow, that sounds scary.

I also got new rings, seals, pistons, and bearings for the engine while I had it out.

Too bad I'm like three hours from you.

~Archi