taurus judge 410 slugs?

Guest agt.dealer

Guest agt.dealer

So I picked up a nice stainless public defender judge the other day and was just shocked at the .45 long colt ammo! The indoor range I go to will only let you shoot slug shot round,has anyone used .410 slugs in the judge? Mine is only 2 1/2" and I have found slugs that size.are they ok to use? Thanks for your input!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sqlightning

i've shot them through mine (public defender polymer). the only issue i have had was the cylinder locking up after shooting .410's. the brass around the primer would expand just enough to make it difficult to rotate the cylinder.

I have found that the cowboy .45LC isn't all that expensive. Lots of guys get into Cowboy shooting, buy 1000 rounds, then get out. I've seen 300 - 500 rounds for sale several times for less than 40 cents a round.

There is a company from Tennessee that sales "reloaded" ammo, I can't remeber the name, but they come in an orange box. I used to get them before I started reloading and they seemed to be pretty reasonable on price. A couple of local gun stores here in memphis carried them.

Maybe somebody here know what I am talking about and can tell you more about them. Orange box with the shape if TN on it.

Guest Kamikaze

The slugs are no good in the judge. The diameter of the slug is less than the barrel so it will rattle down it instead of spinning. You get the velocity thanks to the wad but the accuracy will be terrible. Been there and tried it

Guest agt.dealer

The slugs are no good in the judge. The diameter of the slug is less than the barrel so it will rattle down it instead of spinning. You get the velocity thanks to the wad but the accuracy will be terrible. Been there and tried it

that's what I was scared of!$30 for a box of 50 is a lot better $55 for a box of 50rds of l.c! I'll look into the reloaded ammo,with the luck I've been blessed with I will stay away from reloading!lol
Guest Nunya

Just like me, cheap and fun!

My mom actually shot my Judge with .45LC the other day. I think the only gun she had ever shot before was a .38!

Once she got to the point where she could keep here eyes open while she pulled the trigger, she started hitting stuff.

Hey ya'll, the little orange box is from the Tennessee Cartridge Co. They are in Oakland TN. I have bought quite of bit of those in past years, before I started reloading. Pretty good stuff, and they do quite a few different calibers also.