Fishing Areas

Guest tstoner

Guest tstoner

I am still kinda new to the area and I am looking for some good spots in the area where I can go for some good fishing. I prefer back in the woods were no one really travels and can't really travel without a truck. I am in Clarksville so if anyone knows of anywhere around here that is good please let me know. Oh and I will be doing bank fishing with the kids. Thank you.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most all River and Creek banks in this area are on private property. The few that aren't are Posted "No Vehicles, Foot Traffic Only". There are a bunch of boat ramps around where folks bank fish.

Land Between the Lakes offers some bank fishing opportunitys as well as hike in fishing. Most WMA's in the area offers limited bank fishing opportunitys.

Dave

I am not sure about Clarksville area, but down around Tullahoma, the best way to fish on the road less travelled is to find a canoe or flat bottom and float a river. It is a little more work than just driving some where, but it is very enjoyable if you have never tried it.

Guest tstoner

Most all River and Creek banks in this area are on private property. The few that aren't are Posted "No Vehicles, Foot Traffic Only". There are a bunch of boat ramps around where folks bank fish.

Land Between the Lakes offers some bank fishing opportunitys as well as hike in fishing. Most WMA's in the area offers limited bank fishing opportunitys.

Dave

Thank you Dave, I guess I will just have to do that.

Guest tstoner

I am not sure about Clarksville area, but down around Tullahoma, the best way to fish on the road less travelled is to find a canoe or flat bottom and float a river. It is a little more work than just driving some where, but it is very enjoyable if you have never tried it.

Thank you. Some day I will have to take a trip down that way and give it a shot and see.

When Cross Creeks Wildlife Refuge opens in a couple of weeks, that's the place to go for "bank bound" anglers. South Cross is really nice, but gets a little traffic at times. North Cross may be more to your liking, it's out of the way and does not get much traffic. Lee Hollow, Bull Pasture and Commisary Hollow are all good fishing areas and has some bank access.

Guest tstoner

When Cross Creeks Wildlife Refuge opens in a couple of weeks, that's the place to go for "bank bound" anglers. South Cross is really nice, but gets a little traffic at times. North Cross may be more to your liking, it's out of the way and does not get much traffic. Lee Hollow, Bull Pasture and Commisary Hollow are all good fishing areas and has some bank access.

I was looking into Cross Creeks it seemed like a nice place to go and I will have to check out those other ones. Thank you.

Fort Campbell creeks can offer some low pressure fishing. They stock some with trout. There is a canoe rental place on the Red River near Adams. You can float and fish all day. Like WD40 mentioned, LBL has some good back country bank fishing, but I think I would focus on catfish or panfish there. Most of the easy to get to spots fill up on the weekend.

...and you still owe me a canoe trip there...:)

Guest tstoner

Fort Campbell creeks can offer some low pressure fishing. They stock some with trout. There is a canoe rental place on the Red River near Adams. You can float and fish all day. Like WD40 mentioned, LBL has some good back country bank fishing, but I think I would focus on catfish or panfish there. Most of the easy to get to spots fill up on the weekend.

I was checking out Fort Campbell's fishing but you can't get a pass till March 1st. And my son wanted to go this weekend (and so do I). Also with Campbell, do you know how the boat rental works? Do you only have to use it on post or would I be able to take it up to LBL? And how much is it? I was thinking of a smaller boat just to fit me, my son, my wife, and my daughter to fish out of. If you can answer any of these questions that would be awsome. Thank you.

I don't know how much they rent for anymore. I used to work there years ago. I beleive you still have to take a training class on the boats and campers, but you may take the equipment where you choose. Alot of folks will rent a boat and camping tent and hit LBL for the weekend. That's alway a good "get away"!

I was checking out Fort Campbell's fishing but you can't get a pass till March 1st. And my son wanted to go this weekend (and so do I). Also with Campbell, do you know how the boat rental works? Do you only have to use it on post or would I be able to take it up to LBL? And how much is it? I was thinking of a smaller boat just to fit me, my son, my wife, and my daughter to fish out of. If you can answer any of these questions that would be awsome. Thank you.

Well, if you haven't already purchased a hunting/fishing license in Tennessee, then you will want to wait until March 1st for that also. They expire on the last day of February each year. The permits for Fort Campbell will be free for your children under 16, also they don't need a TN license until they are 13. (Jr. Hunt/Fish till 16)

Guest tstoner

I don't know how much they rent for anymore. I used to work there years ago. I beleive you still have to take a training class on the boats and campers, but you may take the equipment where you choose. Alot of folks will rent a boat and camping tent and hit LBL for the weekend. That's alway a good "get away"!

Ok thank you for the information you did provide. Ill have to do that for the kids some weekend.