Accountibility

Hey all...

It's my opinion the government, politicians, big business, banks and the Federal Reserve have been driving this country into the ground for some time now. It's a no brainer the U.S. can not sustain this madness of continual reckless spending, massive foriegn debt and squandering our nations resources. We have reached the point where we can barely afford to pay the interest on our debt.

I wish some 12 year old would do a school project, and sit down and count to a "trillion" as fast as they can, and see how long it takes. When he or she is eligable for retirement, I'll bet they didn't make it past a couple of billion?

This nation is now insolvent and the "good faith and credit clause" is a former bad joke. Hyper inflation or a full scale economic collapse is inevitable at some near point. Our representitives have taxed and spent with reckless disregard. When, not IF it occurs, my question is:

Who do we hold accountable and what punishments should be mete out?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Each individual elected official every time there

is an election. But please don't use blanket statements

blaming just everyone. More to it than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish some 12 year old would do a school project, and sit down and count to a "trillion" as fast as they can, and see how long it takes. When he or she is eligable for retirement, I'll bet they didn't make it past a couple of billion?

Just as an FYI, if a person could count two numbers each second, it would take 15,854 YEARS going non-stop 24 hours a day to reach one trillion. It would take 15.854 years just to reach the first billion.

Each trillion in spending means that every single person living in this country needs to fork over $3194.89 to pay for it. For our current FY 2012 spending of 6.28Trillion, that equals $20,063.91 per person. If we discount those who don't work, it means that for every single person that works in this country (about 139.3 million), they need to pay the Feds (just the Feds, not state and local gov'ts) $45,082.55.

The US Average income was only $41,673.83 in 2010, so obviously, even if we tax 100% of incomes we still can't pay for our current spending. That's why the 'Tax the Rich' program is simply ludicrous. There aren't enough rich folks and they don't make enough money to pay for our spending.

As for why we keep sending the same bunch of crooks back to Washington? That's very simple. Guess what we spend most of that $6.28Trillion ON? About $3.7Trillion is payment to individual Americans. Not wages or payment for services, but simple wealth transfer in the form of entitlements; welfare, food stamps, medicare, medicaid, social security, etc. Guess how many of those people will vote for whoever will keep the money flowing? Until we cut off those payments, we will never solve this problem.

Just as an FYI, if a person could count two numbers each second, it would take 15,854 YEARS going non-stop 24 hours a day to reach one trillion. It would take 15.854 years just to reach the first billion.

Each trillion in spending means that every single person living in this country needs to fork over $3194.89 to pay for it. For our current FY 2012 spending of 6.28Trillion, that equals $20,063.91 per person. If we discount those who don't work, it means that for every single person that works in this country (about 139.3 million), they need to pay the Feds (just the Feds, not state and local gov'ts) $45,082.55.

The US Average income was only $41,673.83 in 2010, so obviously, even if we tax 100% of incomes we still can't pay for our current spending. That's why the 'Tax the Rich' program is simply ludicrous. There aren't enough rich folks and they don't make enough money to pay for our spending.

As for why we keep sending the same bunch of crooks back to Washington? That's very simple. Guess what we spend most of that $6.28Trillion ON? About $3.7Trillion is payment to individual Americans. Not wages or payment for services, but simple wealth transfer in the form of entitlements; welfare, food stamps, medicare, medicaid, social security, etc. Guess how many of those people will vote for whoever will keep the money flowing? Until we cut off those payments, we will never solve this problem.

I agree, but we also need to mind our own business and stop policing the world and invading countries for our own selfish and sometimes insidious interests. We should start there first and then work on these "entitlement" programs. Just my opinion.

I agree, but we also need to mind our own business and stop policing the world and invading countries for our own selfish and sometimes insidious interests. We should start there first and then work on these "entitlement" programs. Just my opinion.

Foreign economic aid for 2009 was $44.9 billion. Foreign military aid was $11 billion. Together, it was a total of $55.9 billion. Or, about five days worth of entitlement spending. I agree it should be cut, but it will not be anywhere near enough to help us.

In 2009, the total cost of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan was a bit under $200 billion. Or the equivelent of about 18 days of entitlement spending.

If we cut ALL of the above, we are still only at about 23 days of entitlement spending, or about 6%. That's nice, but it's still nowhere near enough. The facts are simple. Our government cannot generate the revenue to pay for these entitlement programs. Even without ANY other expenses of government (military, courts, executive branch, etc), we cannot pay for these programs. Until we face that reality and eliminate them, we are screwed.

Foreign economic aid for 2009 was $44.9 billion. Foreign military aid was $11 billion. Together, it was a total of $55.9 billion. Or, about five days worth of entitlement spending. I agree it should be cut, but it will not be anywhere near enough to help us.

In 2009, the total cost of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan was a bit under $200 billion. Or the equivelent of about 18 days of entitlement spending.

If we cut ALL of the above, we are still only at about 23 days of entitlement spending, or about 6%. That's nice, but it's still nowhere near enough. The facts are simple. Our government cannot generate the revenue to pay for these entitlement programs. Even without ANY other expenses of government (military, courts, executive branch, etc), we cannot pay for these programs. Until we face that reality and eliminate them, we are screwed.

These wars have cost us $4 trillion these past 10 years and many lives that were unecessary. Yes, our "entitlement" system needs to be overhauled/cut/get rid of. There are going to have to be a lot of changes in this country in our future regarding what the role of government should be. Should the government be policing the world and taking care of us from cradle to grave? Conversely, (I agree with this one.) should the government be a constitutional, limited, government in which our country was founded and only do the things explicitly outlined in the U.S. Constitution and stay our of our lives and protect our natural, inalienable rights protected in our Bill of Rights and promote liberty and freedom for all? My generation ( 30 years and younger) have seen the BS that are these "entitlement" programs (I want to opt out of these govt scams), the unconstitutional, monetary, federal reserve system (repeal and return to gold/silver standard), unconstitutional, immoral, unethical overseas wars and interventions (e.g., Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan, Kosovo, etc.) that cause hatred and disdain blowback around the world for us. I am optimistic that we as the human race are waking up and seeing what is wrong and not working in this world, and people are peacefully and violently (if necessary) are rebelling and revolting against the establishment.

The worldwide human consciousness is changing especially this year, and things are going to get much better for us all in the future, but it's up to us to wake up and make these changes, not our corrupt governments, corporations, special interests, etc. That is why Ron Paul gets most of the young people and the military's support due to what I have discussed above. Even if he never gets the nomination and/or wins the presidency, it's the message he is spreading to us that's important and that resonates with us. We all know Romney/Santorum/Gingrich is just Obama with a different mask and body. People (especially me since the last election in 2010) are seeing the truth for what it is and not listening to the propaganda and the rhetoric you hear on the lamestream media or your hardcore republican or democrat relatives everyday. Sorry for digressing, it just feels great to get these ideas and opinions off of my chest. I love open, honest, and civil discussions and debates. Let them continue. Long live the Constitution especially our Bill of Rights and 2nd Amendment! Keep your powder dry. :up: