Ruger LCP

Guest harryjordan

Guest harryjordan

Did a post last week about getting two new guns. I got a ruger 22/45 and a lcp. The 22/45 with around 2000 rounds still hasnt gave me a issue love it! Originally i got a keltec 380 but it broke after firing 6 rounds so the shop i got it from let me trade for a few dollars more into a lcp. I shot the cheapest ammo i could find about 200 rounds so far with a total of about 4 failures. 3 FTF and 1 FTE from what i understand its good to shoot about 200 rounds before it is broke in. So after a good cleaning what ammo should i be using to have no failures. thanks.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The LCP run's best when it's clean and lubricated, mine has done quite well for me and now mif wife want's one of her own as well. I used ball ammo to break mine in but carry it with Federal hollowpoints (required by agency). If you have the finger extension on your magazine I suggest that you remove it because it will help induce feed problems.

Guest bluemarlin

When I first shot my LCP I had to be careful that I wasn't pressing the mag release by accident. It would partially eject while I was shooting. After I adjusted my grip, the problem was solved. Also, these are not range guns, 200 rounds of cheap ammo sounds like too much for one session IMO. Use only US made ammo that is not +P. Mine has eats everything US made that I have shot through it. I only shoot about 25-50 rounds per session though.

No hiccups with my LCP either. I top out at 50 rounds of FMJ and 1 mag of JHP per range session. Everything functions as it should, I take her home, clean her real good, and lube her up.

Sent at lightning speed from my iPhone 4s ...

The finger grip extension advice is interesting.... I have one clip I have a problem with and another I do not... both with Finger grips but the are different type extenders... i will give that a try.

Guest harryjordan

ok ill try all your ideas today got a good cleaning on so ill go try it out. i understand that it is not a range gun but it is a gun and 200 rounds doesnt seem like alot of ammo to me. my plan for today is 100 thanks for everyones input.

the LCP and most other small autos seem to be a little sensitive to dirt and fouling. When mine is clean, no problems, but towards the end of a 50rd box I will get some feeding problems. Haven't put but about 150 rds through it yet, so it may get better. However when clean no problems and shoots very good at 10yds and closer..which is what it is for. From what I have read, the Kahr 380 withstands a little more neglect.

Guest harryjordan

After cleaning and polishing my lcp went to range and shot 100 rounds of winchester white box and 20 of the winchester self defence rounds. No malfuctions was very happy. makes a total of about 300+ round through it. I'm not sure if the first 200 i shot with the 4 failures was shooter caused, break in or ammo issues.