Left Hand AR Options?

Guest FC Zach

Guest FC Zach

I'm almost done with my AR build which will be made specifically for me by the time im done (i'm left handed). I've searched and picked a few peoples brains and it seems as though there isn't a whole lot of aftermarket support for us left handers. So far I have found DPMS & Stag Arms to manufacture an upper and bolt/carrier assy, are there any more reputable companies anyone can recommend?

I would really like to have the Titanium Nitride coated bolt carrier assembly but I am not finding this.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not trying to be a smartass or anything but what purpose does a left hand AR serve? I shoot long guns left hand and have never had an issue with either the M16 I had in the Army or my ARs.All A2s have a brass deflector,I could see where somebody would want an ambi selector switch but I've never had a problem with that either.

Guest FC Zach

Simple answer, i'm building the rifle for me and it's what I want. I currently have a right handed smoothed upper without the brass deflector and still don't worry with brass hitting me in the face. It's just my own personal project that i'm building to my standards.

Edit: I have the ambi selectors too and never really had an issue prior to that. I would just rather build the rifle for me rather than adapt to it. The best purchase so far was the Knights Armament mag release!

Edited by FC Zach

I was looking at some stuff from shot show and saw that Rock River Arms has a true left handed rifle. The barrel even has left handed twist. If you were looking to build one I'm sure you could piece one out to your liking without paying through the nose. Although it wouldn't bea high end Noveske. I don't have any experience with RRA products.

Guest FC Zach

I'm building mine. Although the Noveske is very nice, it's not what I want. RRA has quality products so I will be considering them for the upper. The barrel is what I'll have to do some more thinking on. I'm either going with a .223 wylde 24" or a 5.56 if I can find one to my liking. Thanks for the heads up on the Rock River option, I do like their products.