You cleared your weapon….. We got it.

DaveTN

Thud.gif

If I click on a gun video and it starts with someone showing me that they cleared their weapon or they give a speech about clearing a weapon before working on it; I click it off and go on to the next video.

Don’t waste my time. If you need to tell people that they need to clear the weapon before working on it; they don’t have any business seeing what you are going to do next.

Sorry. It can't be emphasized enough. Too many stupid people in the world. If it gets on your nerves because it's *duhhh* well then be proud because you are smarter than the average internet video making gun nut. For every video you find like that, you can find one of someone doing something really stupid.

Thud.gif

If I click on a gun video and it starts with someone showing me that they cleared their weapon or they give a speech about clearing a weapon before working on it; I click it off and go on to the next video.

Don’t waste my time. If you need to tell people that they need to clear the weapon before working on it; they don’t have any business seeing what you are going to do next.

A lot of children growing up on the internet these days as well - all watchin Nut n Fancy. As soon as these kids turn 18, they can go to any gun store and buy themselves something lethal without any firearm safety training. At least all of these videos are ingraining something useful into peoples minds.

Clearing your weapon when handling should be a religious process. When I pick up any one of my firearms l, the first thing I do is check the chambers. Mostly because I love the sound of racking a firearm. But seriously, checking your weapon is the most important thing you can do. I have never been shown a firearm at a store without them checking the chamber first. And they probably check the same weapon 100 times.

it does not need to be a long drawn out process but any gun video involving stripping or cleaning a gun should start with showing it is not loaded.

It is my first procedure.

Found a round in a .22 once that I just knew was unloaded. I check religiously now.

Guest Broomhead

I tell you what, you make a video of something being done to your gun without showing that you cleared it. I'll follow your instructions, have an AD/ND, shoot myself in the leg, then sue you for every penny your worth, will ever be worth, or your children will be worth because you didn't tell me my weapon needed to be empty to perform your process. You didn't CYA.

This happens, everyday. McDonalds coffee lady, dude driving the RV on cruise control, etc., etc. I could go on forever. I'd rather cover my butt thank you very much

Guest A10thunderbolt

Making it a Habit is the best thing you can do, I was raised around uncles that said well your supposed to do it this way but.... I realized one day the best way to avoid making human mistakes is to be as Habitual as possible. Never had a accident but came close one time, realized there was one in the chamber.

I, too, am on the other side of this. When I see someone take the time to show that his weapon is clear in the video, then I have some confidence that the person knows what he/she is doing. But if they drag it out, it can be somewhat annoying.

it does not need to be a long drawn out process but any gun video involving stripping or cleaning a gun should start with showing it is not loaded.

Found a round in a .22 once that I just knew was unloaded. I check religiously now.

Same here, finding one once makes the extra effort worth while. But I do say (and still say) that its nuts to have a clerk check it, then you check it when he hands it to you, then he checks it again when you hand it back, .... sure, you cannot be too careful, but it can become comedic in a hurry.

Same here, finding one once makes the extra effort worth while. But I do say (and still say) that its nuts to have a clerk check it, then you check it when he hands it to you, then he checks it again when you hand it back, .... sure, you cannot be too careful, but it can become comedic in a hurry.

That's more about habit than anything else.

Yep I agree. I know my full size 1911 and MKIII are always unloaded (just like every gun that kills somebody) but I still check them. It is part of the process.

Edit: Why would the guy in that video even pull the trigger in a room full of students?

Edited by ls3_kid