Ideas on making $1000 from $5000?

Guest NYCrulesU

Just out of curiosity, if you dislike it so much here, why did you move here?

Coming in and acting like an arrogant know it all who insults the locals is not bound to endear you. At all.

Now, I don't have a problem with assholes, as I am one, but even the dumbest of coonhounds knows better than to #### where he eats.

I guess a Yankee doesn't.

Congratulations on making a decent flip. It is pretty easy to do if you have the capital to put up for it. However I am confused as to how you managed such a large tax refund, as others have mentioned, maybe you need to take a look at your deductions. If however you are like some out there (myself included) who has an additional amount withheld, I can see how one can get such a large check back. I am just confused how on a yearly basis there are so many of us (myself included) who barely break even at tax time, when there are so many that get a check for double from dear old Uncle Sam.

I am a local, through technicality. Not born, and barely raised. I am a Navy Brat. I don't get on my with my father much at all, but there is one thing he said to me when I was a young man that sticks out to this day. An old Navy saying. Maybe it can help you. "One 'Aw ####, can ruin a lot of 'Attaboys!'"

Keep that in mind.

We here in Tennessee are a close knit bunch. While it might be fun to pick on the stereotypes, however, some of those backwoods toothless rednecks with a mouth full of tobacco could teach you a lot about manners, and probably surprise you about money and investments.

Edited by Murgatroy

In my young life so far, one thing I have noticed is that the people that flap their lips more about making money are more likely to just be full of ####. If this effin' yankee knew a damn thing about making money, he would know the quickest way to make money is to charge other people to tell them how to make money. Think money making books and that kind of crap.

This dude reminds me of that damn european guy that was on here a while back.

By the way, I'll say it, you're full of #### about your baseball cards. I assume that next you're going to tell us you sold the bubble gum for another $5k and that was just for the used stuff.

What a dumbass...

• Like 1

Like I said....think small, be small.

I just purchased a baseball card collection from a guy on Craiglist Nashville. Spent yesterday looking it over and bought the entire collection for $6000 cash.

-Complete Topps sets from 1969-2008.

- 1957-1969 Topps Micky Mantle's (all of them in beautiful condition)

- 1959-1963 Topps Stan Musial

- 1968 Topps Nolan Ryan rc x3

- 1967 Topps Tom Seaver rc x2

- 1967 Topps Rod Carew rc

- 1963 Topps Pete Rose rc x3

And so many more it would take me hours to list them. It's going to take days to sort through what's left.

Today....less than 24 hrs later....I sold all of the complete sets for $9000.

And still have all of the single cards to either have graded or piece out as they are.

So....yea.....don't tell me that 20% ROI is ridiculous. Clearly some of you have no business sense outside of vending machines or plumbing.

I just cleared $3000 cash in one day. Do these kind of deals come around often? No. But this is my 4th or 5th HUGE deal in the past 10 years. They do happen. Some luck in finding the right seller is involved and the rest is knowing what you are doing.

For a $6000 investment, I should clear a $12,000 profit with a total time of 2-3 months invested in leg work, Ebay listing etc

Funny, how when you a tually expand your knowledge past dip, HS football and fixin' stuff. Yuns can learn a thing or two about making money. Now I can't wait for the Sparta gun show to roll around. I have more disposable income than I thought I'd have.Time for 2 SW M&P AR15 Sports and a few thousand rounds of ammo.

And any of you wanna call BS? Go right ahead. I have pictures of a good portion of the collection ready and waiting just for that occassion. ;)

You're my m******** f********** hero. I hope to be just like you when you grow up.

:squint:

Well...enough of my rambling. So to bore you all with my desire to be consteuctive and better myself and make some money. I guess if I cooked meth in my shed, beat my wife, let my kids drop out of school by 5 grade and had a pregnant 12 year old daughter I would be a little more popular and fit in better.

ROFLMAO yea cause crap like that never happens in NY. Oh that's right they don't have room for sheds...