Where to take a 3 year old?

gunrunner32

I'll be home soon and I haven't seen my daughter in about 7 months. I promised her that once I got home I would take her out of day care and take her gun shopping with me (which she was really excited about). After that I planned on taking her and my wife to the Cool Springs area to go out to dinner. I have been warned by my wife my daughter has been a little ball of energy lately and I figured we would find some sort of playground or something for her to burn herself out a little bit first. When my sister was younger they had places like Leaps & Bounds and Discovery Zone, in Clarksville they have a place called Jump Zone. I was wondering if there was any kind of indoor play place with the tube mazes or the inflatable slides in Nashville? I searched for one and I got BounceU, which seems like Jump Zone but their website wasn't much help. Anyone know about any of these kinds of places? Thanks for your help.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ther is a place in Mount Juliet called " Pump It Up". There are also a lot of places to eat and shop around the

new Providence shopping area. My Daughter loves this place. There is one in Brentwood also. Don't let the website scare you. They have something called Pop-In-Play Time. Just call and see when it is.

http://pumpitupparty.com/

Edited by R1100R

If you are willing to drive a bit I would highly recommend the childrens discovery museum in chattanooga. We take our daughter a few times a year. We drive from knoxville and make a day of it, along with the aquarium. The latter is quite pricey but the museum isnt bad. The other option, if the weather is decent, is almost any park. I've found that my 3 year old could care less about reviews or admission.... as long as she can run and play with her family. Good luck and have fun!

Free public parks in Franklin with playgrounds can be found here

http://www.franklintn.gov/index.aspx?page=183

There's a Pump-It-Up (as mentioned above) in Brentwood

http://www.pumpitupparty.com/tn/brentwood/home-p1q43.htm

And a big +1 to the free Red Caboose Park in Bellevue.

http://www.grandparents.com/gp/events/nashville/18671.html

(includes a map in the link)

I like the looks of the Red Caboose Park, it reminds me of the Tinkerbell Park in Franklin I've taken my daughter to while my wife is getting her hair done. I may have to check that one out, hopefully the weather is nice when we do venture out. My wife has taken my daughter to the Adventure Science Center in Nashville before, I forget how that went, I'll have to ask her next time I call. The museum and aquarium sound like we could make it a short weekend trip or something. I took my family to the Newport Aquarium in KY while we ere visiting last summer, I don't really think my daughter knew what she was looking at other than new critters she wanted to touch. Unfortunately for me I've got another day in purgatory, the Air Force has yet to get a flight right anytime that I've been involved. Thanks for the ideas, I'm always up for getting my daughter out and showing her new things and she loves playgrounds. We have a playground in the development we live in and I can bring a soccer ball out and she will be a the playground or the adjoining field chasing the soccer ball for hours, and you're right bubba, I'm ready to turn in long before she is.

If you are willing to drive a bit I would highly recommend the childrens discovery museum in chattanooga. We take our daughter a few times a year. We drive from knoxville and make a day of it, along with the aquarium. The latter is quite pricey but the museum isnt bad. The other option, if the weather is decent, is almost any park. I've found that my 3 year old could care less about reviews or admission.... as long as she can run and play with her family. Good luck and have fun!

My 4 yr old loves the discovery museum. If you go to the aquarium a couple times per year, get a membership. It's cheaper than 2 visits and you don't have wait in line to get in.

I did a search on their website and they have a monkey joes in cool springs too. I guess I will have to give my wife the option of The Chop House or Stoney River for steaks that night, pending monkey joes being open for walk ins at that time. I guess the time thing I will have to call about, there's nothing on their website about it. Thanks for the info, if it's nice that day I'll give red caboose a shot and if it's rainy or cold I'll be at a monkey joes. Hopefully it eats up a little of her energy, and hopefully she doesn't mind napping between gun shops that day either.

Guest Broomhead

My sister-in-law works at the CS Monkey Joe's on the weekends. Ask for Kaysi. She just started recently so I don't know much about it and I doubt she could help you on the price any, but say hey for me anyway.