• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lester Weevils

The recoil-reduction mechanism is reminiscent of Skorpion VZ61--

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VZ61

As the bolt is relatively light, the Å korpion utilizes an inertial rate reducer device (housed inside the wooden pistol grip) used to lower the weapon's rate of fire from 1,000 rounds/min to a more manageable 850 rounds/min. The rate reducer operates as follows: when the bolt reaches the end of its rearward stroke it strikes, and is caught by a spring-powered hook mounted on the back plate. At the same time it drives a lightweight, spring-loaded plunger down into the pistol grip. The plunger is easily accelerated and passes through a heavy weight which is left behind because of its inertia. The plunger, having compressed its spring, is driven up again and then meets the descending inertia buffer. This slows down the rising plunger which, when it reaches the top of its travel, rotates the hook, releasing the bolt which is driven forward by the compressed recoil springs.

The article does not say that the VZ61 mechanism reduces recoil, though possibly in practice it does? I saw a couple of full-auto VZ61 youtube videos showing no muzzle rize, but then again it is only .32.

They arent that great and do have noticeable recoil Guns&Leather use to have one you could rent for the range, I was not impressed to say the least.

Knock $1,000 off the price tag and maybe, but you can buy a nice new Gen 3 Glock for around $500 add a Mako PDW chassis system to it(Or whichever chassis you like)for around $400 and then you have a multi role system for $700-800 less.

Edited by ~48_South~
Guest Lester Weevils

To each his own, but that is the ugliest gun I have ever seen

Maybe it shares characteristics with a few other unusually ooogly impractical semiauto guns-- Full auto with a supressor it might morph into something more desirable and "practical"?

We had one, even had a full auto gun. Neither worked right. I understand that they have overhauled some of the design and fixed some of the issues they had, but imo kind of left the folks carrying them high and dry. Doubt we'll continue carrying them without a come to Jesus talk.

Recoil reduction. Supposedly in full auto its much more manageable in. 45 than a mp5 in 9mm

I can't imagine anything more manageable than a FA suppressed MP5. They are literally like shooting a 10/22.

Dolomite

ETA:

Here is me in a far off land shooting the MP5:

That was just a range day doing weapons checks.

Edited by Dolomite_supafly

Interesting weapons, but after checking them out this weekend , I'm not too keen on them. Awfully bulky and cumbersome it seemed to me. Nice tech achievement, but since I'm not going to have one with select fire capabilities, I'd have to pass on it because of the price. Not saying they aren't neat, but just not for me. Too many other ways to spend 1700+.

Edited by hipower