There are drones in your future

I wouldn't advocate or condemn any action here, I'm just making a clairvoyant observation: They MUST be planning on flying these at VERY high altitudes. They are crazy idiots but they are not stupid planners. They have to know that rednecks, bored hunters and gun owners of all types will take pop shots at these. It's a sad joke to think you can shoot one down with small arms, but eventually the odds will favor chance...... :cool:

I don't know what they build the drones out of but I imagine billy bob's deer rifle in .300 win mag wouldn't do it any favors.

They want to put drones in the air but they can't keep squatters out of public parks. :screwy:

I've had my :censored: fill of this :censored: dictator, his :censored: wife telling kids what to eat and the :censored: libs controlling every :censored: thing. Four more years of this :censored: idiot and we won't be able to recognize this country any longer. :mad:

• Like 4
Guest ThePunisher

I've had my :censored: fill of this :censored: dictator, his :censored: wife telling kids what to eat and the :censored: libs controlling every :censored: thing. Four more years of this :censored: idiot and we won't be able to recognize this country any longer. :mad:

+1

But the sheeple loves him, and the food police know better than we do in eating healthy. And we have to surrender our nuclear missiles so every other nation can have military superiority over us. If we want to go into space we can catch a ride with the Russians for what ever price they want to charge us. Our nation doesn't need cheap gas by drilling in US, because that would put too much money in the people's pockets that they could spend on needed things such as food and clothing.

I'm already beginning to not recognize this country as I've always known it.

Guest NYCrulesU

They want to put drones in the air but they can't keep squatters out of public parks. :screwy:

Couldn't of said it better myself.

Well this bill didn't pass just with democrat votes. The system is our enemy I'm afraid.

• Like 1

And the purpose of the drone is for what? Spot malnourished animals on chains with no water and prosecute the owners?

This particular drone was launched to watch and i suspect harass a live bird shoot at this plantation; which is evidently legal in SC (...its not legal in some states...). The nerdy "do-gooder" animal rights advocates that decided to fly it forgot that if folks will shoot at released pigeons will sure shoot at "harasment drones". I think the drone thing is hilarious. Especially this one. Wait until some hard case with some real tools shoots down a "real" drone or some smart guy stirrs up the fourth amendment side of this. It will be interesting to watch.

leroy

Edited by leroy
Guest Lester Weevils

That news story might imply "target .22 rifle" rather than shotgun fire, to drop the itty bitty drone? The article doesn't give distances, but the description kinda sounds a farther distance that birdshot is typically good for?

Given that (according to the story) law enforcement was trying to prevent the drone flight before the drone got hit-- Are the odds nil, or are the odds merely slim, that the sheriff will persue vigorous investigation locating the "malicious damage to property" perps?

Check this out...

10587_13088_ART.jpg

... being able to fly the NAV indoors and outside, including flying it through doors and down corridors into a workshop and office environment. All this was done using a tiny onboard TV camera within the 19-g NAV monitored by an operator using simple controls to fly the MAV using the camera’s forward vision as a guide. The NAV can hover for up to 8 min and is almost impossible to identify in flight as anything but a real bird.

http://www.sae.org/mags/aem/elect/10587

I didn't find a related story in my search.

The new FAA bill will allow the broad use of unmanned aircraft over US territory.

Here's a summary story.

It's time to take up skeet shooting or buy a 20mm cannon.

I actually work at a place that makes these things, or used to. We flew them all the time without any problems, but not in "airspace" --- we were at approved sites that allow remote control planes or a time or two on a military base.

These days it is a hobby... the RC guys have started making home-made UAVs. You can get some crude (but working) software for the path/navigation/control for free.

Likely the FAA will let them fly once they put in a minimalistic transponder and running lights and so on (which many do not have). The thing is, the ones that need lights and transponders are going to be way, way up there and not easy to hit (think passenger plane altitude but the size of a car). The ones you can actually hit would be the toys and hobby craft, not the real deal...

I think the last one we built cost the taxpayers some 1/2 a million. It would have been great if some yahoo had shot it down ... get paid to build a replacement...!

• 2 months later...
Guest No Ammo

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2134376/Is-drone-neighbourhood-Rise-killer-spy-planes-exposed-FAA-forced-reveal-63-launch-sites-U-S.html

See map of US

Is there a drone in your neighbourhood?

Rise of spy planes exposed after FAA is forced to reveal 63 launch sites across U.S.

There are at least 63 active drone sites around the U.S, federal authorities have been forced to reveal following a landmark Freedom of Information lawsuit.

The unmanned planes – some of which may have been designed to kill terror suspects – are being launched from locations in 20 states.

Most of the active drones are deployed from military installations, enforcement agencies and border patrol teams, according to the Federal Aviation Authority.

• 2 weeks later...

look like oversize skeet to me.

How long will take for bubba to take a pull at it, or better yet, how long for bubba-popo to run it into something ?

I look forward to seeing the footage from that in the Tennessean.