Off-duty deputy pulls gun on pregnant woman and husband at Walmart check-out

Guest AmericanWorkMule

I don't know how it will all come out, but the article also said her husband was getting eggs while this all started. So she's in line and she wasn't even finished shopping yet! That would really tick me off.

Just move to another lane. I encounter rude people everytime I go to the store. Attempting to inform them of their rudeness will only make you look bad in today's climate. Those of us who carry firearms need to be especially careful. We can't afford to be percieved as "some hothead" causing a disturbance.

Edited by bubbiesdad

Two sides to every story. I'll wait for the final tally. Lot of the fault lies with Walmart for not enforcing

their own rule on 20 items. Reason being, as I've been told by Walmart cashiers, they don't want to

piss off the customer with the big carts. Ok to tick off everyone else I guess. If you're going to have this

rule, enforce it, otherwise take it down, make all lanes the same.

I either checkout in the automotive center or in the jewelry dept. That way I avoid the super long lines at the front of the store.

By the way, you can checkout at any register in the store. The only issue is the register in automotives doesn't have a scale so you can pay for produce there.

• Like 1

Need to hear (and see) the other side of this story, I'll bet it's very different.

Of course it is. This is Illinois we're talking about. Where the government is your master and you are lucky to be allowed to live on his plantation. If my choices were being homeless and living in Illinois you'd see me on the street corner with my witty cardboard sign.

Lot of the fault lies with Walmart for not enforcing their own rule on 20 items. Reason being, as I've been told by Walmart cashiers, they don't want to piss off the customer with the big carts.

I've heard that, too. Simple solution. Cash registers that cease tallying at item 20. Then, the cashier isn't telling them to move along; the 'chinery is.

Guest lostpass

I'd like to see the video of the incident.

That said, it is hard to imagine a situation where pulling out the gun and waving it around was the right move. Sure, if was an extreme couponer or something but I think that is a shoot on sight proposition.

Edited by lostpass
Guest Lester Weevils

My local walmart only sells tobacco in one lane, which is also marked for 20 items. So if I'm buying tobacco I go thru that 20 item only lane with two weeks of groceries and nobody ever says a thing. All they gotta do to stop it is sell tobacco on more lanes (or take down the 20 item only sign). Nobody is gonna tolerate going thru the line twice at wally world to buy 2 weeks of groceries AND buy tobacco. Specially on a Friday afternoon or whatever.

Its all walmarts fault anyway. Such a thing could never happen at bilo. :)

Edited by Lester Weevils
Guest windhamdw

I would like to read the other side of the story, i bet the officer was polite and said samething about she was holding up the line waiting for her husband to finsh shopping and she start cusing and going off because she knew she was in the wrong. Then the husband that is 250lbs and the cop being 180lbs gets thrown to the ground, then the cop pulls his gun. I'm with the cop.

Just making the story up since everyone else is without hearing both sides first. Hehe

My local walmart only sells tobacco in one lane, which is also marked for 20 items. So if I'm buying tobacco I go thru that 20 item only lane with two weeks of groceries and nobody ever says a thing. All they gotta do to stop it is sell tobacco on more lanes (or take down the 20 item only sign). Nobody is gonna tolerate going thru the line twice at wally world to buy 2 weeks of groceries AND buy tobacco. Specially on a Friday afternoon or whatever.

Its all walmarts fault anyway. Such a thing could never happen at bilo. :)

When you go thru a lane at walmart with all your merchandise and you want tobacco products, just tell the cashier in the line you are going thru and they will go get the product for you and you won't have to go thru two lines. At least that's how they operate in the stores I've been in around here in Kpt.

I agree with David. If I walk up and ANYONE is in my wifes face..they're getting to know just how much of a SOB I can be in very short order.

I'll go as far as they want in order to defend her. That's the promise I made to her parent, grandparents and myself.

If I walk up and ANYONE is in my wifes face..they're getting to know just how much of a SOB I can be in very short order.

I'll go as far as they want in order to defend her. That's the promise I made to her parent, grandparents and myself.

Defend her from what….someone raising their voice to her? You can be all the bad azz SOB you want to be, but when that goes from talking smack, letting everyone in the area know how bad you are, to laying hands on someone; you crossed the line. That appears that may be what happened here and the guy was hauled off to jail.

I can see an oil painting of someone raising their voice to my wife in a checkout line. I’ll be able to stand back, cross my arms, and watch the entertainment. smilielol5.gif

Two sides to every story. I'll wait for the final tally. Lot of the fault lies with Walmart for not enforcing

their own rule on 20 items. Reason being, as I've been told by Walmart cashiers, they don't want to

piss off the customer with the big carts. Ok to tick off everyone else I guess. If you're going to have this

rule, enforce it, otherwise take it down, make all lanes the same.

Another reason I try to avoid walmarts.

Defend her from what….someone raising their voice to her? You can be all the bad azz SOB you want to be, but when that goes from talking smack, letting everyone in the area know how bad you are, to laying hands on someone; you crossed the line. That appears that may be what happened here and the guy was hauled off to jail.

Well, I guess we still don't know the other side. Maybe this woman is a regular loud mouth that seeks confrontation; I'm sure we've all seen those types. In that case the man should know that his wife is a problem. However, I know my wife will go out of her way to avoid conflict and is a very small and defenseless person. If I was to observe a man yelling at her or being aggressive towards her I would step in, and, depending on his posture, would likely hurt him. I get that this may earn me a free ride to jail, but I would rather explain myself in front of a LEO or a judge than allow a man to verbally or physically assault my wife and not step in.