Mars Candy bows to the Queen

kieefer

Seriously? You think I'm not smart enough to just buy two of the smaller ones? So now, instead of buying the 250 calorie big bar, I'll just get two of the 150 calorie bars, for a 50 calorie increase. Brilliant!

I'm sure Mars thought of this too. They can now sell two bars, make more money, and blame it on Michelle.

Yep, government telling us "they know what is best for us". Puuuuleeeaaassseee. I vote for less gov't and less intrusion in the private sector.

Good riddance when Obaaaamaaaa and his Beeotch is gone. But hope the next president isn't as bad.

• Like 1
Guest Lester Weevils

I don't eat candy bars. Got a protein+fat+salt tooth rather than a sweet tooth. Also got a bitter/sour tooth on occasion.

Anyway, candy bars been shrinking and prices rising for decades. When I was a kid they were humongous and costed a nickel. Have read articles about "the incredible shrinking candy bar" every decade since the 1960's.

It might be a gift from on high if a candy company could reduce portions (without reducing prices) and blame it on the gov.

Anyway, candy bars been shrinking and prices rising for decades. When I was a kid they were humongous and costed a nickel. Have read articles about "the incredible shrinking candy bar" every decade since the 1960's.

It might be a gift from on high if a candy company could reduce portions (without reducing prices) and blame it on the gov.

Yep being going on for awhile

remember dime cakes and bags of tater chips

Bow to the Queen. :mad:

http://washingtonexaminer.com/politics/washington-secrets/2012/02/michelles-ski-trip-marks-16-obama-vacations/294051

The Obama Vacation List

-- President’s Day 2012, Michelle and the first daughters in Aspen, Colorado to ski.

-- Christmas 2011, the first family in Hawaii for an extended vacation.

-- Summer 2011, in Martha’s Vineyard, Mass., for the annual beach break.

-- June 2011, the first lady, her mother and daughters traveled to South Africa and Botswana.

-- President’s Day 2011, the first lady and first daughters travel to Vail to ski.

-- Christmas 2010, in Hawaii.

-- August 2010, the first family traveled to Panama City Beach, Fla., for some sun and fun at the beach.

-- August 2010, Obama spent the weekend alone in Chicago for his 49th birthday bash.

-- August 2010, the first lady and daughter Sasha traveled to Spain for a mother-daughter vacation.

-- August 2010, summer vacation again at Martha’s Vineyard.

-- July 2010, the first family went to Mount Desert Island, Maine.

-- May 2010, the first family had a four-day trip to Chicago.

-- March 2010, first lady and daughter spend Spring Break in New York City.

-- Christmas 2009, Hawaii again for the annual break.

-- August 2009, at Yellowstone National Park and the Grand Canyon for a short vacation.

-- August 2009, their first summer vacation as first family at Martha’s Vineyard, Mass.

This is what I was thinking. With inflation running as high as it is this is a blessing for the company to be able to blame the .gov for what it wanted to do anyway.

Anyone notice the new 12.5 oz cokes being pushed?

Guest Lester Weevils

This is what I was thinking. With inflation running as high as it is this is a blessing for the company to be able to blame the .gov for what it wanted to do anyway.

Anyone notice the new 12.5 oz cokes being pushed?

Have wondered if the new tiny softdrinks are aimed at dieters who know they don't have the willpower to only drink half a normal sized coke? But they do have the willpower to resist drinking two of the tiny drinks rather than one of the big ones? Dunno.

The ones with sugar are not healthy to drink very often, and some research shows the artificially sweetened ones tend to make people more fat and not less fat (for unknown reason). So it would ALMOST make sense to offer the tiny ones for people who want to "cut back" on the habit but don't want to quit. Kinda like "light" cigarettes?

Dunno if all the stores do it, but Walmart's deli square clear plastic containers they sell pistachios and other kind of nuts in-- The price has stayed about the same, and to casual examination the package looks the same size. I'm sure the listed weight remains accurate. But the new ones are obvious deception-- The bottom of the plastic containers have a HUGE convex hemispherical "dent" molded into the bottom, that takes up at least 1/3 the apparent volume of the package, if the bottom of the package was flat.

There is no other explanation than deception. Sitting on the shelf, the package looks like it contains a lot more product until you notice the bottom is hollow. If it were not deception, they could just use a smaller sized package and save a fraction of a cent per package on materials.

Edited by Lester Weevils

In response to your email regarding MARS CHOCOLATE NORTH AMERICA.

Mars Chocolate North America has no intention of discontinuing its king size/ tear and share product offerings. Any statement that has appeared in the media claiming the end of Mars’ King Size/Tear and Share Product offerings is incorrect.

Mars Chocolate North America has a broad-based commitment to health and nutrition, and this includes a number of global initiatives -- our industry-leading 2007 announcement to no longer market our chocolate products directly to children under 12; a category-first calories on front-of-pack label; complete elimination of trans fat; a meaningful reduction in saturated fat; and efforts to manage portions and calories. In addition, we’ve introduced several new products that are well under 200 calories. You can learn more by visitinghttp://www.mars.com/global/about-mars/mars-pia/health-and-nutrition/health-and-nutrition-introduction.aspx

Have a great day!

Your Friends at Mars Chocolate North America

Do you think they have gotten a few complaints or do we have another case MSM BS??