Glock 33 vs Sig P239 in 357 Sig

lshel

I'm wanting to compare these two conceal carry semi-autos. I have the P239 which shoots great and recoil is not bad, but gun is heavy for conceal carry. I have been looking for a used Glock 33 to compare accuracy, recoil and carry weight.

After I compare, I'll sell the loser.

What is the opinion of TGO members who have these guns?

thanks

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ishel:______________

I've carried a Glock 33 for a good while. It is extremely accurate and reliable. We are handloaders and it will do about 1275 fps with my jhp realoads. Recoil is snappy; but is easily manageable; even when using the flat base mags (..no pierce grip extensions...) holding with two fingers.

I'm a great fan of the glock 33. Highly recommend it. Havin said all that; if i owned a Sig P239, i wouldnt trade if for a glock. They are variations on the same theme. The glock weighs about 20 ounces. I dont know what the sig weighs. You can pocket carry the glock in a hip pocket holster or carry it in the front pocket if your pockets are big enough.

Hope this helps.

leroy

Guest Bigdanc

I have owned several Glocks, the 33 being one of them. I currently carry a P239 chambered in .357. I have the .40 barrel also. I made the switch from Glock to Sig about a year ago and wouldn't go back for love or money. I have nothing bad to say about Glock. They are extremely reliable, but there is a HUGE difference in how a sig shoots compared to the Glock. It's like a Chevy Malibu versus a Toyota Camry. Both will get there but you know in your gut the Camry is a better vehicle. That being said, the Glock is an easier carry gun due to its frame thickness and weight. Just my opinion, that and a dollar will get you a coffee at McDonald's.

Well, keep both...

The baby glocks are the only ones I'm comfortable shooting. I just don't like the grip angle of the other sizes. I like shooting my 33 and it is carried at least 5 days a week in an ankle holster. I shoot it well but it is not an everyday range gun for me.

I also have a 239. My preference for carrying it is IWB due to it's slimness. I've been a sig guy all my life and I am a big fan of DA/SA platforms for a lot of reasons. I just bought some more of the 8 round magazines from topgun supply so the round count difference isn't a big deal to me. I also like how the single stack mags carry in my pocket when I need to go light.

Accuracy is about the same to me with a slight edge to the 239.

Mark

Edited by Mark A