Deciding on a CCW

I agree with the CZ 75 compact being your best choice given the requirements. The problem is that they are not the easiest to find. Check with D&T Arms as I hear they stock CZ's.

I see, I was just there a couple of weeks ago but I wasn't looking for them at the time. We picked up a Bersa 380+ for my mother in law. Anyway, I'd like to pick one up this weekend. We'll see! I'll let yall know.

" I am extremely interested. What do you mean by removing the grips? The entire gun besides the grips are 1"? I find that really interesting. That would really be... perfect! It really does sound like a winner. That or the RAMI".

Yes, the entire gun is 1" wide without the grips mounted. Don't think it would be much fun to shoot that way, but I digress. I bought mine last month online through Cheaper Than Dirt, got the dual tone finish, nickel and blue. It was about $100 less than any CZ I could find locally.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/LargeImage.aspx?sku=2-CZ7591192

Edited by subsonic

" I am extremely interested. What do you mean by removing the grips? The entire gun besides the grips are 1"? I find that really interesting. That would really be... perfect! It really does sound like a winner. That or the RAMI".

Yes, the entire gun is 1" wide without the grips mounted. Don't think it would be much fun to shoot that way, but I digress. I bought mine last month online through Cheaper Than Dirt, got the dual tone finish, nickel and blue. It was about $100 less than any CZ I could find locally.

http://www.cheaperth...sku=2-CZ7591192

I wish I had read this post before calling nearly every shop within 50 miles of Nashville, haha! Nobody has them in stock and no one can even order them. I was really hoping to be able to hold on first to see if I like it. Not sure what to do now..

If you are willing to sacrifice capacity the new sig 9mm (not out yet) might be an option. Its the 9mm version of 238 (a 380) and a mini 1911 design (SAO, not DA, but is cocked & locked). Pricey, though. Not sure about the width, but it should be fairly thin. Its the p938, 1.1 wide, but only a 6+1 capacity. Might be a bigger mag later on, but at most +2 more, prob +1, so looking at 7-8 +1 long term?

Edited by Jonnin

" I wish I had read this post before calling nearly every shop within 50 miles of Nashville, haha! Nobody has them in stock and no one can even order them. I was really hoping to be able to hold on first to see if I like it. Not sure what to do now.."

I noticed that they're out of stock currently on CDT also, glad I bought mine when I did. I'm willing to meet you at the Charlie Haffner Range in Spring Hill sometime soon, happy to let you squeeze a few off. PM me here with contact info if you'd like.

" I wish I had read this post before calling nearly every shop within 50 miles of Nashville, haha! Nobody has them in stock and no one can even order them. I was really hoping to be able to hold on first to see if I like it. Not sure what to do now.."

I noticed that they're out of stock currently on CDT also, glad I bought mine when I did. I'm willing to meet you at the Charlie Haffner Range in Spring Hill sometime soon, happy to let you squeeze a few off. PM me here with contact info if you'd like.

Very kind of you to offer. Maybe I'll make it out there sometime, its about an hour away. I noticed I can't find any CZ-75 compacts or D PCRs for sale online anywhere. Only thing close thats available is the CZ P01 and I'm not sure how the width compares. I'm hoping its the same because I think I'm going to order it.

I've got the PCR. It's basically the same as the P-01 but without the rail. I LOVE mine, so much so that I also bought a CZ P-06 which is also the same gun but in a 40 cal.

It sounds like you are past considering a RAMI. They are fine guns too but if you do happen to decide on one be sure to get the steel frame version and not the poly.

I've got the PCR. It's basically the same as the P-01 but without the rail. I LOVE mine, so much so that I also bought a CZ P-06 which is also the same gun but in a 40 cal.

It sounds like you are past considering a RAMI. They are fine guns too but if you do happen to decide on one be sure to get the steel frame version and not the poly.

Thanks for that information. And i assume the D PCR has the same widths as the regular cz75 compact? Thats all i really need to know now. Emailed cz no response. I found a few PCRs online. I may get the P01 though now.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using Tapatalk

Does anyone with a caliper have specific width dimensions: slide, frame, grip, etc. Id really appreciate it. Looks like im going to have to order. Regular Compact, D PCR, or P01.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using Tapatalk

You really just need to get your hands on these guns and not worry so much about exact dimensions. Any of these 3 guns should be easy to carry/conceal. You won't know for sure until you hold one.

You really just need to get your hands on these guns and not worry so much about exact dimensions. Any of these 3 guns should be easy to carry/conceal. You won't know for sure until you hold one.

Sadly, none of these firearms are available in store anywhere in the Nashville/Murfreesboro area. So I will have to order. To order, I have to put a down payment at a gun store.