Ruger SR9C

Guest tstoner

Guest tstoner

I finally took my Ruger SR9C to the range yesterday. I am not a big fan of 9mm but let me tell you I fell in love with this one. It shot great, I put about 150-200 rounds down it with no jams what so ever, it felt great shooting it. I was thinking of selling this one, but after shooting it yesterday I had changed my mind :). It is a great gun and I recommend it for someone looking for a good, reliable, and fun gun to shoot.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, the SR9c is a fine littl pistol. I've had 2 of them so far. Got talked out of the first one, and got another a few months ago. Carries well in a Sticky holster and I prefer it over the LC9 and the PF9. Has shot well with everthing I've fed it so far, and is easily held and shot for me.

Guest tstoner

Yes, the SR9c is a fine littl pistol. I've had 2 of them so far. Got talked out of the first one, and got another a few months ago. Carries well in a Sticky holster and I prefer it over the LC9 and the PF9. Has shot well with everthing I've fed it so far, and is easily held and shot for me.

I tried a couple different rounds in it yesterday and they all fed well and like I said I had no problems with it at all. I am glad you like it as well. I gotta be honest I was kind of lorry of it but it turned out to be a pretty nice little gun.

I got one for myself, but my wife liked it so well she started carrying it. It worked great for awhile, but then started getting light strikes. It only had maybe 500 rounds through it. I thought it was maybe something she was doing, but it happend to me a couple times too. It might just need a spring change. I still think they are great pistols, but keep an eye out for this.

Guest tstoner

I got one for myself, but my wife liked it so well she started carrying it. It worked great for awhile, but then started getting light strikes. It only had maybe 500 rounds through it. I thought it was maybe something she was doing, but it happend to me a couple times too. It might just need a spring change. I still think they are great pistols, but keep an eye out for this.

Thank you, Ill have to watch that.

Guest tstoner

Thankfull, I don't have to worry about losing it to my wife. She likes wheelguns.

That is always a plus, My wife told me that if I didn't like it she wanted it. But I liked it so looks like she may be looking for her own here soon :)

Guest Sgt. Joe

Good for you Tstoner, the good thing about the Rugers is that they hold a lot of those 9mm's so if the first one dont stop the threat one still has plenty more on hand to deal with it. :cool:

I got my SR9c just a few weeks after they had come out in 2010. I had ordered it sight unseen because I liked the SR9 so much and did not pay attention to the specs when I did.

Because I didnt pay attention to the specs I was a bit surprised when it arrived that it was as big as it was and because of that I didnt think that I was going to like it. Once I shot the thing I did indeed like it a lot and I knew right away that the "C" model would become popular over time and it sure has although they do not meet my idea of a compact pistol.

The only issues that I have ever read about them are a few that started having the light strikes which is cured with a new spring and also on some of the first models of the "C" the cam-block retaining pin would work itself out. That happened with mine the first time that I shot it and when I sent it back Ruger replaced the entire lower of the pistol and I got it back within 10 days of sending it in along with a free mag. I have had no further problems with it and I have not recently heard of that still being an issue with them.

As it turned out for me I still liked the full size version a bit better than the "C" model. I just seem to shoot a bit better with those and always carried the "C" with the 17 round mag anyway so I recently I bought another full size and sold my "C" to a friend who wanted one real bad. I bought my first full size after Ruger had worked out the initial problems that those had which I believe was with the trigger. I have not had a problem with that gun what so ever and it is pushing probably close to 5K rounds through it.

This past weekend a friend came from Memphis to shoot at our little indoor range and his wife shot both my full size SR9 and the "C" that I had sold as that person was also there. Her and her hubby had come to shoot their new carry guns which IIRC were a Glock and a Taurus for her, the lady fell in love with the SR9c and will now be selling whatever it was that they had just bought for her so that she can get herself an SR9c.

It has been my experience that everyone who shoots one of these guns ends up liking the them very well. I am a bit surprised that the full size isnt more popular but I am very happy with both of mine. I had been carrying a Walther PPS9 when I first picked up the Ruger and it felt as if it was made for my hands. Both models are very thin for a double stack magazine.

I may one day buy another "C" but doing so isnt high on my list of things that I want. I only sold mine because a good friend wanted one so much and not for any other reason, I have been quite pleased with both versions of the gun and being American made goes a long way with me. I have yet to hear a bad story about Ruger's customer service.

Welcome to the club, I am sure you will have many years of enjoyment from yours.

Edited by Sgt. Joe
Guest tstoner

Thank you Sgt. Joe, and the only reason I bought it was cause I got one hell of a deal on it, honestly I was just going to turn around and sell it. But before I sell anything I wanna test it out first and make sure it is reliable and operates properly. By doing so I fell in love with it and decided to keep it for myself :pleased: it turned out to be a great little gun. And my wife has been bugging for it ever since I got it. But I don't know if I can even part from it for her :rofl:

Guest Sgt. Joe

It sounds like you better start looking for another one, replacing or maintaining multiple firearms is much cheaper than doing the same with wives.... :rofl:

If you have the stainless one find an all black one and vice versa. I have the OD green full size which I no longer see listed and a black one. I am tempted just to go out and get a stainless over black full size to replace the "c" that I sold so that I will have one of each flavor like I did have when I still had the compact.

As for Ruger's customer service I had forgotten about the problems that Steelharp is having with them at present over a re-bluing job. I do however expect that he will work out all of that. It is very uncommon for them to not take care of folks from what I have seen.

And while I can let me please step first in line if you ever do decide to sell that compact, I doubt that you will but my experience with firearms is that anything that is not one's carry piece can go at anytime on a whim or for funding for something else......Me first Please :pleased: