Walking dead....

Caster

Yeah but if me and you starred in a zombie flick, where would the drama and suspense be?

I mean, what's entertaining about two rednecks sitting on the roof with a few thousand rounds and a half dozen rifles? Coleman cooler, a loaf of fresh bread baked in a dutch oven earlier that morning to make sandwiches out of that thin sliced deer we smoked two days ago and a twelve pack of beer chilling in a Zeer. Solar powered iPod playing the Zepplin box set. A few hours later we pack up and move to the next location.

....yes, I've thought about it many a time. :pleased:

Are you kidding me!? I'd stand in line to buy a ticket for that movie!

Just once I'd like to watch a zombie show/movie where characters see the beginning of the apocalypse and say 'oh crap, zombies'. But NOOOOOO, they gotta waste valuable time looking around and trying to figure out what's going on. Do you know anyone who HASN'T seen a zombie movie?

That is one of the rules of a zombie film though, zombies don't exist in the culture, otherwise folks would know what to do. I have yet to see a zombie film that the characters understood what was going on from the word go.
Guest cardcutter

Speaking of leaving guns behind, by my count they are down three pistols. The Glock Shane hid under the leaves, The Glock he was going to shoot Rick with, and Rick's revolver. It never did show him pick them up after the fight. I would think that it would be ingrained in a cop to secure the weapons automatically.

Shane's glock will eventually be found. He didn't hide it very well. The wind will blow and there it will lie.

I assumed Rick picked up his revolver some time while he was crying. Just one of those things that happens but doesn't get shown.

And I may have missed it but when did Darryl's gun get back to Carl? Carl dropped it and then ran off. They never showed him go back for it but he had it to give to Shane.

I finally watched it. Best episode all season and the first this year with an "oh crap! Zombies!!!1!!" ending that leaves me wanting more.

I doubt they'll go there with it, but I wonder if Laurie was pushing for some kind of resolution like this. A few episodes back she was telling Rick how dangerous Shane was and that he'll protect what he considers "his" and Shane considers Carl, Laurie, and the baby as "his". Then knowing the tension between Rick and Shane over Randall's fate and over leadership of the group, she goes out there and dumps Shane. Was she trying to force his hand to make a move on Rick and trusted Rick would finally do what needed doing?

As for the horde, I doubt it's Randall's crew. More likely it's the horde from the town that moved in when they picked up Randall.

It felt like T-Dog had more lines in this episode than the whole spring season combined, and he only had about 4.

I was wondering the same thing about Darryl's gun. Carl must have gone back after Dale's death and got it.

Edited by monkeylizard

Glenn should lose his man card for preferring the living room over Maggies room.

Really Glenn? A nice spot on the floor? Are you kidding?

I give Glenn points for doing the right thing. It's still Hershel's home and Glenn has enough integrity to respect that. I believe it will make Maggie respect him even more. Did you see the smile on her face as he walked away?

And, I think that maybe Glenn will pick up the torch that Dale left behind and become the group's conscience. Dale apparently had a profound effect on him.

Edited by DaddyO
  • Like 1

Would hershel rather glenn and maggie be off doing it in the barn? I think he is worldly enough to know kids will be kids. And it is not like she has a lot of options anymore for a life partner either. They ought to just hitch their wagon and get on with life.

I agree they toss guns around like empty Chicklet boxes.

Would hershel rather glenn and maggie be off doing it in the barn? I think he is worldly enough to know kids will be kids. And it is not like she has a lot of options anymore for a life partner either. They ought to just hitch their wagon and get on with life.

Well, I guess Hershel would have to answer that. You may be right, but my point is that Glenn has enough respect for him to recognize the sanctity of his home.

Edited by DaddyO

Yeah, Glenn is trying to be act like a gentleman. The pharmacy thing with Maggie wasn't a gentlemanly thing to do, but hey, it was one HER initiative so Glenn's gotta do what a Glenn's gotta do I suppose. I give him kudos for wearing a parachute before he made his HALO dive though.

Edited by Caster

Glenn was pretty clear about why. He said something like "What? with your dad in the house?" He was clearly uncomfortable with that. Glenn's a good guy. I'm glad he was able to step up this time and finish off zombie-Randall. Maybe that will break him out of this self-loathing funk.

Edited by monkeylizard

... Glenn's a good guy. I'm glad he was able to step up this time and finish off zombie-Randall. ....

Eventually. Seemed to me his initial hesitation almost got him and Daryl either/both bitten/kilt.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot

If they're going to move on from the farm at some point (and they will), Maggie's ties to the farm will have to end, or Glenn's ties to Maggie. I look for the farm clan to get eaten in the final episode, except for Maggie.

Maybe now that Dale's gone, Glenn will be smart and stop off at the local RV World and pick up a new ride to replace the old fail-mobile. I doubt it.

And I may have missed it but when did Darryl's gun get back to Carl? Carl dropped it and then ran off. They never showed him go back for it but he had it to give to Shane.

Didn't Shane give it to Rick during his latest (and last) how sucky Rick was at being a dad speech?

Didn't Shane give it to Rick during his latest (and last) how sucky Rick was at being a dad speech?

Yes and Rick gave it to Carl and told him to keep it. I was pleasantly surprised by this. I'll bet you a dollar and a quarter Rick is happy he did that now!