So who, besides me, is gonna waste time and $ going to Goodman's on Sat

Guest Coolboarder8913

me and my wife went down there to see what all was going on.. It was a whole lot more busy then I expected for a sunday... Wish there were more private sellers... I have no problem buying from dealers but it just seems like dealers have taken over the gun shows....

Guest BobPayne44

i am sorry you had a bad time please stop in next time for a full refund i belive you bought 100 pcs. of 7 mag brass at 40.00 per 100 p,us 3.90 tax i can mail it to you or give it to you in person just let me know what will make you most happy. i truly am sorry you felt neglected.if given another chance for your buisness i will try to do better

PM Sent

me and my wife went down there to see what all was going on.. It was a whole lot more busy then I expected for a sunday... Wish there were more private sellers... I have no problem buying from dealers but it just seems like dealers have taken over the gun shows....

Huh?? Who do you think pays for these? I'd say 70-75%, probably more, of tables rented are professional sellers, whether it be ffl's, ammo, holsters, or jerky. Very few individuals are willing to put out the show fees, set up displays, sit there all weekend, get abused by floor walkers and the general public, and tear down and go home on Sunday afternoon. The balance of vendors are those selling personal firearms, or whatever products they might have.

Yes, it's a sore spot with me. I've been on both, or all three sides actually, of this. Worked as table labor for vendors, been involved in selling my own guns, and carrying around to sell. Not to mention close to 20 years in mall retail sales running a shop, and 14 years in route sales.

Yes, there are butts out there at the shows, but they are on all sides of the asiles. But without the "dealers" you would have no gun shows.

Sorry, rant over.

Edited by hipower
Guest Welshdragon

Went on Saturday morning, first ever visit to a gun show. Eyeopener to be quite honest... My son was disapointed as I told him there would be Jerky and we didn't find any.

• went today it was way more crowded for a sunday then it was a few weeks ago, spent 30 minutes waiting to be waited on to by 100 rounds of 7mm mag brass from the vendor up front on far left, he wanted to stand there talking to someone about shooting over in montgomery county more then he wanted to sell brass. was about to leave when two teenage girls finally came behind his booth and asked if they could help me. he came around when it was time to pay though after they counted out the brass. if i didnt need the brass badley i wouldnt have stood there. a friend of mine got a good deal on a eotech 3x magnifier about $200 of new price.

Were you standing there with your arms crossed or did you actually say, "Hey, I need some brass"? With so many lame duck lookers, if you don't speak up, who knows what you want? It's a GUNSHOW, it's not rude to interrupt a little bit. I'll bet you a dollar if you'd said something, he'd have got your brass straight away. Like I said, it's a gunshow, people are talking everywhere. BS flows like the mighty mississippi. He's ALWAYS talking, he's a popular guy. He's usually talking when I get there. Just blurt out, "Hey, when you get a minute I need ______" and he'll start counting out your stuff. Bet on it.

Huh?? Who do you think pays for these? I'd say 70-75%, probably more, of tables rented are professional sellers, whether it be ffl's, ammo, holsters, or jerky. Very few individuals are willing to put out the show fees, set up displays, sit there all weekend, get abused by floor walkers and the general public, and tear down and go home on Sunday afternoon. The balance of vendors are those selling personal firearms, or whatever products they might have.

Yes, it's a sore spot with me. I've been on both, or all three sides actually, of this. Worked as table labor for vendors, been involved in selling my own guns, and carrying around to sell. Not to mention close to 20 years in mall retail sales running a shop, and 14 years in route sales.

Yes, there are butts out there at the shows, but they are on all sides of the asiles. But without the "dealers" you would have no gun shows.

Sorry, rant over.

I have been going to the Goodman show for the better part of 25 years, use to be you could find decent prices from the dealers at the gun shows, now they are most of the time 15% to 20% higher than what you can go to Guns & Leather or Lebanon Gun Shop and pay. The real kicker on this is they have FREE admission and don't charge to park. Just my .02 cents.