this is a good watch

Yeah, I'm starting to get the feeling this will not end well for the father.

It's now on FOX and The Blaze. This guy is going to end up looking like a red neck idiot and making all of us look that way. Not saying he shouldn't have disciplined her, but I would not have brought his gun into it.

Did you see when he shot the laptop...he didn't even know how many rounds he had. Not good.

Hope he gets some $ for it going viral...he may need it.

Edited by mcurrier

This is a GREAT conversation to have with a rebellious teen. Every word was spot on. Except for the shooting part. I really really wish he had either left that out or just made this vid for the kid's eyes only. Posting this on Facebook is probably going to make HIS life much harder.

Guest Lester Weevils

I'm neither pro or anti the guy, but scanning a few comments and responses earlier today, was surprised to find every one I checked to be positive about the dad. Maybe the negative opinions are 100 to 1, but I just randomly spot-checked less than ten and didn't just randomly hit a critical comment. I would have expected response to be overwhelmingly negative. Would have expected to hit some negatives even in a small random sample.

Maybe it won't have any worse fallout for the guy and his family than Jerry Springer show guests. Dunno.

I already wrote too much boring stuff in the earlier message, but an alternate way to look at it, rather than judging whether the punishment was too harsh--

Some might think there should be no punishment at all for a teen bitching about life to her friends. That is half of what teens do is complain to each other that life ain't fair. Dunno fer sure but in that situation I'd have been amused and not even mentioned to daughter I'd read it. I accidentally came across some of daughter's diary entries, fixing her computer, when she was that age. Some wasn't real flattering but I didn't get too torqued about it. When I was a punk wasn't always respectful behind the old man's back either. I hold him in high regard nowadays, but things get weird in the teen years.

I mean, don't they usually even allow PRISONERS to complain? :) Geez!

His house,his daughter, His computer. His right to handle it that way. Only thing i disagreed with was the pistol. I'd have used a 12 gauge.

I agree, however, when this moron decides to post it for the rest of the world in order to make a point it becomes everyone elses' business. His choice. For him to complain about the negative press regarding this would be like Kim Kardashian complaining that everyone makes fun of her oversized butt. No one would know if they didn't advertise it to everyone that'll watch.

• Like 1

He had to know what would happen after putting a video like that on youtube. Maybe they made this up for the publicity??? He figures if he does something dramatic on the internet, then the news companies knock on his door wanting to pay big money for interviews?? Like the other stories we have seen in the past... Nobody really knows what to believe anymore???

She is probably not going to see his video until she is able to understand why he did it.

I am glad to see a parent monitoring their kid's actions online and probably offline as well. And more importantly nipping in the bud any behavior that might not help the child later on. There are many problems with our society today but I believe the biggest one is parents either not getting involved or when they do they try harder to be their child's friend than a actually being a parent.

As parents our biggest responsiblity is to prepare our children to be successful in life. If we don't then we doing an injustice to our children.

Those parents who believe their child has a right to privacy are wrong when it comes to them. Children do from those outside the family but not from within. I made sure I knew when, where and what my child was doing at all time to the best of my ability. I also monitored his online chats to make sure I had a leg up when it came to thwarting his plans that might get him in trouble. And when he did get in trouble my reaction was always swift and proportionate. And then within hours I always explained why what he did was wrong but in most cases he already knew.

I was far from the perfect parent, no parent is, but I tried my hardest to make sure my son is prepared. I was involved in my child's life as much a possible but as a parent and not as a friend.

Dolomite

Yeah I'm going to have to agree with it's good to discipline the child but not put that stuff online. Who knows how the girl is going to turn out though, might be good, might be bad. Everyone learns in a different manner. Some need to be hit over the head with a board before they get it and others just need to be told not to do it. All depends on the person.