Looking for OD green grips for P220 with no luck

Guest d@ntheman

Guest d@ntheman

Anyone know where i can find some i saw a couple pictures of them on google images and they are awesome but i cant seem to find anywhere on the internet that has them.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldnt find any "pre cut" for my PX4 either so i ordered a universal kit from www.tractiongrips.com. The universal kit is 2 strips of 1.5 in wide and 4 in long for 5 dollars, or 10 dollars for 6 strips. They also offer an extra large kit, 3 in wide and 4 in long. You choose between black, gray, or clear textured rubber, or black mineral grit. They are located in Georgia and they ship for free. I had some 2in wide non-slip tape left over from doing my mom's ladder. It was like 80 grit sandpaper, i got it from Lowes. It sticks really well and really improved my grip. Its a little too rough especially when it rubs against my waist so for 10 dollars I'll try the textured rubber. www.decalgrip.com is another place I found that didnt offer pre cut for PX4 either. I used the old kindergarden trick to cut my pattern. I laid a piece of paper over the handle and transferred the pattern to the paper with a crayon. Takes a little bit of time dry fitting and trimming but it did turn out nice. I wiped the handle down with rubbing alcohol, im not sure if paint thinner would turn the plastic white or not. Skate board tape is what some people use, and i read somewhere that 3M has a rubber texture product called "3M safety walk rubber texture slip resistant tape" It's probably here local but I didnt look.

I believe the original poster stated he has the p220... idk where the px4 came from?

the only choice i saw for the p220 was directly from Hogue for the g10 extremes (great grips). I have planned on getting new grips because the stock wood grips on the p220 se are too fat! Just be prepared to spend $120. You can always try to find them off ebay!

They have different styles and you need to choose the right type (3 types of p220 exist, decocking lever, no lever, etc).

Here is one of the more popular styles for da/sa with decocking lever.

http://www.hoguestor...roducts_id=7076

Afterthought... I purchased the Piranha in Black/gray for my 220 SE so If you wait I'm sure i'll post pics when everything comes in next week!

Edited by alwaysonjohn