Monroe Countian and Just-In-Case person

I have been signed up since Jan 01, 2012, I have made a few posts, but I haven't really introduced myself. This forum is an excellent forum and I love it. So here it goes.......

Living in Monroe county and I enjoy guns very well. Just the look of guns and the excitement of the purchse is just mind numbing addicting to me. Little history on myself, I use to be in the business of selling guns back in the early to mid 1990s. I use to have FFL licensed gun shop inside the Great Smokies Flea Market at 407 exit on 40, Sevierville, PF and Gatlinburg exit. Smoky Mountain Firearms was the name. I understand that name is still used by someone else today up in Kodak. Don't know if its a coincidence or not. Great business though. Anyway, looking back, that was the most fun I had working for myself and selling guns. Sold over 2,000+ guns in 3 years working 2 days a week. 2,000 / 156 days = 12.8 guns a day. Not too bad, but not getting rich either. For a period of 10-12 years after I sold my business, I never did buy another gun or did any trading. Shot occasionally, but nothing more. Still attended gun shows once and ahwile, but never did get back in the business. About 4-5 years ago, starting shooting sporting clays, and loved it. Bought a nice Browning O/U and have shot 1,000s of rounds since. Then I promised myself I would buy at least 1 gun per year, and I have stay true to myself. Its kinda of moving to 2 guns per year though, the addiction is back like in the 1990s. I guess my midlife crisis is kicking in. I like Sigs, Glocks, Berettas, Remington rifles like 541S&T, misc. old 22lr bolt actions, old double barrels, Colt AR, and alot more. Don't like to sell or trade for myself. Just like to add, add, and add. Wife doesn't understand why any one needs more than one gun, and my favortie answer is JUST IN CASE. This just in case applies to anything I buy that she sees no need for me to have, like guns, tools, lawn mowers, reloading, large purchases of ammo, cars, golf carts, diesel trucks, boats, campers, survival needs, weather radios, police scanners, etc. You just never know, just in case

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic