Anyone fish year-round near Cumberland City or the Camden area?

Guest Spurhunter

Guest Spurhunter

Me and a few buddies go to the steam plants up there to catch and freeze bait that congregates in the discharges, but hauling a boat 4 hours each way SUCKS....

If you have a pontoon or other larger type boat that can comfortably handle 4-6 people, I would love to work something out with you. We would cover fuel, etc, and even supply rods and baits if you want to have a blast helping us catch a few hundred skip-jack herring.

PLEASE PM me or respond here!

Thanks!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fish the steam plant nearly year round. If it's bait your after (as dictated in your post), leave the boat at home, stand on the bank about halfway between the bridge and spillway, and catch ALL the Skipjack you want. Throw a cast net and get your threadfin shad with. A boat is not needed....

Guest Spurhunter

We have done the bank the last two years and with a 4 hr drive each way, we were VERY ticked last year. It took us all stinkin day to get what we needed, but anyone that came with a boat could follow the schools, load up and head back out. Beside the three of us that took nasty spills on that muddy bank. LOL...(not saying I did. :D )

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't make it down to the catwalk today, but I did notice that the pictures in the baitshop are starting to increase. Some large strippers and large catfish pics starting to show up. Usually the stippers are following the bait, so I would guess they have moved in.

One thought for very up to date info, is to contact the TWRA officer for the area. I know that Officer Joe Campbell covers Stewart County, but he is not the officer I usually see at TVA. I know there is a fairly new officer in Houston county, so that may be who is patrolling the area. A call to the Region 2 office may be able to get you in contact with the correct officer.

• 2 weeks later...