Glock 23c or Glock 23 gen4

So what's y'alls thoughts on the topic? To me (again just my opinion) the g23's recoil is a little snappy for quick target acquisition. Does any one have real life experience, with the 3 different pistols listed, g23, g23c, and g23 gen4? Looking for someone that has shot all these and maybe compare them for me. I value y'alls opinion and really want to get another 23, have owned 2 g27 and love the way they shoot, currently my EDC. Thanks in advance for any real world experience y'all can throw my way.

G23 gen3-NO dual spring

G23 gen4- dual recoil spring

G23c- well is compensated

Edited by BluewaterTactical
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I can tell a difference between a gen3 and gen4 19, but I haven't shot a gen4 40 yet. I will say with the 23C I shot I did not see the flash so don't worry about the old wise tail.

I don't recall any debris or grime coming back my direction though.

I think I could tell that the recoil was tamed with the Gen4 over the Gen3 but it was awefully close. Like I said I don't think the average shooter can tell a difference in in a Gen 3 vs Gen 4 vs Compensated. I don't have a problem with a Compensated, I just don't see an improvement. I have never heard anyone say it about Glocks but a Revolver that is Compensated or ported is normally a little less accurate around 50 feet. Just what people say. I didn't find any truth to that with a Glock though.

Cool deal. Looks like you and I are the only ones on here talking about this, lol. I teach and shoot a lot on the move that's why I got rid of my first 23 (bad muzzle flip) I then bought a 27 which is currently in the classifieds, I love the gun just need something a little bigger grip.

I figured just by default the gen4 would have less muzzle flip due to the dual spring. Guess I could just buy one and try it out and then sell it if again I don't care for it. Just trying to not do that.

I have a gen 4 Glock 23 and have put 150 rounds through it without a hiccup. I bought this after I shot my friends gen 3 Glock 22. I had always been leary of Glocks because I have small hands and didn't like the grips, but after I shot my friends Glock 22, I had to add a Glock to my collection and went with the slightly smaller framed Glock 23 since I figured that the double springs would make up for the smaller pistol frame size. And that's what I'd say my experience has been with my gen 4 model 23. The recoil is no worse than my friends model 22, and may even be sightly less. I really enjoy shooting it.

Guest RebelWithACause

I've fired all of the various models of the 23 before deciding on a Gen3 23.

I couldn't be happier with my purchase. As soon as my Crossbreed Supertuck gets broken in good, it's going to be my EDC replacing my Ruger LCR. (LCR will start riding on my ankle full time.)