Picked up a few of my and my Dads old ones yesterday

jimmydeuce

I went out of town for a few days to visit my Mom. She said she wanted me to take my old 22's and a few that belonged to my Dad. I had forgot she kept my 22's. Learned to shoot with both of them.

Remington Targetmaster model 41 in surprisingly good shape and my good ole Nylon 66.

003.jpg

She wanted me to have his deer rifles. A Rem 760 30.06 and a 742 30.06. The 742 is in pretty rough shape.

004.jpg

The next 2 were the ones I really wanted. A Remington 1100 12ga that Dad bought new and his Model 11, both in really good shape. The model 11 was my grandfathers, then dads and now mine. This one means a lot.

(the Mossberg was able to sneak in to the shot)

001.jpg

002.jpg

They all need cleaned and oiled...then they're getting shot. Very happy to have them all at my house.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The 742 ain't rough, your old man just gave it some character.

My dad has the same 742. He has given it real character. For 25 years, it has been wrapped up in bubba's best camo duct-tape. The gun is so sticky & gooey it doesn't need a sling. Just slap it on your jacket and go.

I have the same Nylon 66 BTW. Bought it from JC Penneys, when I was 8 years old.

I actually like that old Remington 41. I had one just like it and it was my favorite coon hunting rifle. Talk about being safe, unless that bolt was manually pulled back, no way to fire. I guess that is why dad got me that rifle. BTW my dad loves old 22 rifles like that way too much, he told me a few years ago, that he wanted to get his grandsons some old 22s like what he had as a youth. I said go for it. He recently told me he has now acquired through flea markets and yard sales, etc., ~25 old Remingtons and Winchesters. 514s, 512s, 510s, 41, 69A, 68, 513s, and a few more. I guess I should point out he has only 5 grandsons, ages from 2-7. They are set, and he is not finished. I guess everyone has a sickness, and his is bolt action old 22s with walnut stocks (and a few nylons too).