First Day Carrying...

Guest Star1021Scott

Guest Star1021Scott

I received my permit almost a week ago. I ordered a theis holster for my SR9c and am current waiting on it. Ile decided I would go up to Outpost Armory (had been about 2 years since i'd been) to look for a temporary holster. I was able to find an OWB holster (had a jacket on) that would suit and I also picked up some defensive rounds.

First trip, where else? Wal-Mart on Thompson Ln in Murfreesboro! Followed by Publix (Thompson/Memorial) and Hastings (Memorial)

Couple of intial thoughts

• I found I didn't keep adjusting a much as I thought I would, I did, just not as often as I anticipated.
  • The masses are actually are oblivious to a concealed firearm. I know that obvious but I didn't really consider it until I actually carried.
  • Even thought I knew all the places I was going to visit were all not posted, I found myself triple checking for signage.

On a side note, I was actually impressed with Outpost, giving the length of time in between visits, and some of the negative experiences that had been posted on the forum.

I was asked twice if I needed help finding anything. Overall I found prices to be reasonable and was pleased with the visit.

Edited by Star1021Scott
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Catfish36

So just to clarify. You received your permit almost a year ago...and You just carried for the first time today??

That being said, first month or so it I was a little uncomfortable. But now I feel uncomfortable when i am forced to be places unarmed.

For most of us..the wait to get the permit in the mail was almost an unbearable eternity. I guess you do not share our enthusiasm. But I am glad that starting today, there is one less unarmed victim on the streets.